The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2000 dodge with the chrome grille and its pealing what can i us to peal it all off and paint it.

·
1,660 Posts
because its plastic, sanding it off is probaby the best way. If you use a peeler/striper (even one that says its safe on plastics) it can cause issues with the paint later. also try blowing compressed air on it. that can help convince the rest to jump on off if its loosing adhesion also.

Reactions: dodgeman00

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
some acetone would prolly take it off too brandon....i used some one one of my sct emblems...they are just chrome plated and stripped the chrome off of it. only if its solid it wont do it like on the badges.. you just need to make sure after using the acetone to use some steel wool or somethin and go over it and maybe rinse off with water to get all the residue off before painting...and use some of that fusion paint too probably..

Reactions: dodgeman00

·
Repository of Diesel Info
469 Posts
Brandon it usually better in the end to just buy a new paintable grill from ebay and have it painted like you want. I have an extra chrome grill at home if you to try something out on yours and it doesnt work out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts