The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody used this turbo, and how did it perform?

·
3,514 Posts
yeah, what are the specs? Is that a garrett turbo?
Sean

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, there are 3 stages. The first two are gt3782r's and the third is a gt3788r. Its nice to finally see these turbos for a dodge. These are what you see all the big horsepower duramax' using and pretty much all the gassers. The thing about these turbos is how fast they spool and the mass quantities of air they will move. The 3788r will move enough air to support over 500hp and 1200lbs, all without going over 45 psi. I found all the specs before when I was searching the interweb but i cant seem to find that page anymore. There are plenty of diesel shops out there carrying the kits but none that I know of in the vendors section. Once I find it again i will post it.

·
4,158 Posts
I don't know the exacts but the they range from a 55-59mm compresser, and 76-82mm turbine.

·
3,514 Posts
diesel_ram_man said:
I don't know the exacts but the they range from a 55-59mm compresser, and 76-82mm turbine.
Interesting, that is a pretty small compressor and an awfully large turbine. That should yeild a relatively low drive pressure. That should have nice quick spool up too. However, I don't know how much HP it will support in a dodge, the dodge will also have higher boost pressures as well, because it has less cylinder capacity to swallow the air. All boost is is backed up air in the manifold.

What are your goals for the truck? Why are you thinking this specific turbo? Just curious.
Sean

·
Registered
217 Posts
I belive those are the same turbo's used for the 7.3L upgrade. The kit for the 7.3l is about 1800 sometimes around 1500. The kit for the 7.3l uses the 88mm compressor and they are garret ball bearing units. The do spool fast and make lots of noise. I belive they have pushed a few 7.3l's into the 600hp range and hold up really great. The cool thing is they spool sp good with just a chip there just fine you don't need big injectors to worry about lag on a 7.3l. But I don't know how this would all work on a cummins.

·
1,726 Posts
BlackSuperStroker33 said:
I belive those are the same turbo's used for the 7.3L upgrade. The kit for the 7.3l is about 1800 sometimes around 1500. The kit for the 7.3l uses the 88mm compressor and they are garret ball bearing units. The do spool fast and make lots of noise. I belive they have pushed a few 7.3l's into the 600hp range and hold up really great. The cool thing is they spool sp good with just a chip there just fine you don't need big injectors to worry about lag on a 7.3l. But I don't know how this would all work on a cummins.
The Garret bb for a 7.3 is a GTP38R.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts