The Diesel Garage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Take out the air filter, unclamp the hose, pull the box out and took that "tornado" fan looking obstruction right out of the inlet to the air filter. Don't know if it will show big gains, but sure can't hurt. I would guess it is about a 40-50% restriction to airflow. Not sure why it was put in to begin with?:Thumbup: :smoke

·
Destroked
1,658 Posts
Wayne you idiot!!! I cant believe you took the factory installed Tornado fuel saver out!! There goes your fuel mileage...:poke: :roflmao:

·
Registered
112 Posts
PPE has a mod like that on there website

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's what I heard, but never did find it on there. I am in no way claiming I came up with this LOL

·
3,939 Posts
Dan, he's going to see a decrease in mileage and he's going to be down 20hp because he took that thing out...

LOL

·
BUG JUICER and
1,239 Posts
fordt said:
That's what I heard, but never did find it on there. I am in no way claiming I came up with this LOL
that's good. I'd hate to see you caught up in copyright hack infringement of the most ridiculous placebo in GM diesel history.LOL

·
Registered
155 Posts
fordt said:
Take out the air filter, unclamp the hose, pull the box out and took that "tornado" fan looking obstruction right out of the inlet to the air filter. Don't know if it will show big gains, but sure can't hurt. I would guess it is about a 40-50% restriction to airflow. Not sure why it was put in to begin with?:Thumbup: :smoke
Do you see any difference?

·
116 Posts
fordt said:
Wayne
Lexus uses a similar tornado thing in their airbox as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.