The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks, I have a 97' F350 Powerstroke which I imported from the US 9 years ago and have now done 380,000km in it with the only major probs being the tranny. But in the last 6 mths it has been losing power to the point that it is really noticable. I have always done the regular sceduled services and looked after it. Everything seems normal, it uses very little oil, blows very little smoke dispite having a Edge evolution programer which has been set on tow for about 2 years, does not run hot and sounds great, I fitted a 99' intercooler to it with Edge programer as well. I also fitted a Banks brake, smartlock and Transcommand years ago. I recently fitted a ATS tranny with billet converter. But I think I lost about 20kph onthe hills and it just seems really dead. Hope you can help. Regards Logger

·
Registered
596 Posts
When is the last time the fuel and air filters have been changed? Next I'd check your fuel pressure under a hard pull and at idle. Do you ever get a check engine light, P01211 codes? I would check IPC pressure and duty cycle to see what kind of condition the HPOP is in. How much boost are you making, do you have any boost leaks?

Those are a few common things to look for, I'm sure I've missed a few but that will get you started.

·
1,921 Posts
Have the injectors ever been gone through? Could have a couple worn out or some scored P&Bs. Or some wasted o-rings. They don't usually last that long without some attention.

·
Registered
28 Posts
My thoughts

Have you been losing boost? It's possible your uppipe gaskets or turbo are shot. Look for soot around the back of the turbo. You can also remove the intake pipe and look at the turbo fins. A boost gauge is around $40 US and would really help pinpoint that issue. Also, what about your EPBV? Still have it and is it stuck half closed?
Aaron SEIA

1 - 4 of 4 Posts