The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just pulled the trigger on ordering a mini max, turbo back 5" exhaust with muffler, full egr delete, max flow intake, 4" boost tube, and s&b intake from H&S, for my 05/09 2500 megacab with manual trans. I told myself in the begining that I was going to leave this one alone if it didn't give me any problems, but the J35 recall killed my fuel mileage(just the excuse i was looking for). I was just wondering if any of you guys have installed the same system and had anything to say (good or bad) about it.

Thanks in advance:happymugs

·
284 Posts
I had everything but the mini max I did a smarty jr box on my 07. Big power and fuel gains and a lot of life added to the engine.

Reactions: kwik06ctd

·
115 Posts
I did the exact except for the four inch boost tube. I have a 2010 with the 6 speed manual and I like it but I have to say that I pull a trailer and some [pretty big loads and the clutch isn't going to make it. I am having a south bend dual disk being installing next week.

·
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Parts are here with the addition of the FASS 150 that I forgot to mention:rock. Feels like x-mas in June. Install should be done by the end of next week. I can't wait for my toy hauler to feel a little smaller, and get a little farther down the road on a tank of fuel.

·
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did the exact except for the four inch boost tube. I have a 2010 with the 6 speed manual and I like it but I have to say that I pull a trailer and some [pretty big loads and the clutch isn't going to make it. I am having a south bend dual disk being installing next week.
Hows the drone on the 5" exhaust? I have a little dead spot at low rpm in mine, do you have the same issue, and did the mini max help? I asked the dealership about it and they said that all the manuals do it to save the u-joints(factory programed)

·
115 Posts
the 5" isnt bad. Yea I have a dead spot as well but when it comes to life its pretty impressive.

·
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All parts are in!!!

All the good stuff is in, and wow what a difference. the truck is a whole different animal. Even on the stock setting with all the garbage sitting in a pile on the shop floor. 140 mile trip home 22.5 mpgs on the pod, head wind and all. I am used to 15 on the same trip. Anyone not sold on deleting should see the inside of my factory intake horn. It's packed with chunks of soot like pea gravel with only 30k miles, man there has got to be a better way of lowering the emissions than EGR, at least bring it from behind the DPF. I just cant see getting 500K miles out of a motor that has to work while breathing that sh**! Everyone of us spending this kind of money on a truck with the current emissions equipment should be screaming "FOUL"!! My only regret is not deleting the day after I bought it.

·
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
20.38 mpgs first tank on stock setting, 600 miles on 3/4 tank, and i havent changed the tire size yet. 285/70/17 versus stock. next test is mild setting, so far 24.5 after 200 miles on pod but we'll see what it really is when i fill up.

·
7 Posts
I just went and bought mine as well but have not put it on. The guy in town who ownes the gun shop did a H&S delete on his 2008 and he swears by it. He did the full EGR delete including the cooler parts and a down pipe and dpf delete pipe with a 60horse tune with a XRT from H&S. It sounds awesome at idle like the old ones do and the turbo spools up fast. He said it feels like a whole new rig with no emissions alarms going off all the time and his gas went way up to around 22.5-24 on the highway. I cant wait to do mine next week. He also got rid of the throttle valve on the intake and straight piped that with a part from Glacier Diesel. There is a guy on youtube with a 08 that did a similar mod. Check it out.

·
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
H&S growing gains & pains

22.21 mgs average on mild. Wild is way to much for the factory clutch. If I get into the throttle on the highway (empty truck), the tach jumps up but the speed doesn't. Same thing happens on mild when i'm towing. It also makes a nasty braaappp sound that I'm assuming is the rail pressure relief valve that I have not upgraded yet. I run the truck in the stock setting 90% of the time and only turn it up to mild on the highway for fuel mileage.

Next parts list: South bend clutch & H&S fuel rail shim kit.:rock

·
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Congrats you're gonna love it!

I just went and bought mine as well but have not put it on. The guy in town who ownes the gun shop did a H&S delete on his 2008 and he swears by it. He did the full EGR delete including the cooler parts and a down pipe and dpf delete pipe with a 60horse tune with a XRT from H&S. It sounds awesome at idle like the old ones do and the turbo spools up fast. He said it feels like a whole new rig with no emissions alarms going off all the time and his gas went way up to around 22.5-24 on the highway. I cant wait to do mine next week. He also got rid of the throttle valve on the intake and straight piped that with a part from Glacier Diesel. There is a guy on youtube with a 08 that did a similar mod. Check it out.
I went back and forth about voiding my warranty until I told the service manager at the stealer ship what I was going to to. His actual response was "That sucks because I'll probable never see you again". That was all the convincing I needed.

The best part of the whole thing is not having codes pop up every time i putt around in the mountains.

·
7 Posts
My mechanic told me the same thing and he was right. Not one issue and simply put FLAWLESS!!! I do have the front end shake though but I am ordering a kit from sinister to fix that.

·
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Are you lifted or leveled? My 06 lifted scared the Sh** out of me twice. 1st time was with a load of steel in the bed (left front wheel started hopping like a basket ball after a bump in the road), 2nd time a poorly loaded skid steer spun me around on the highway at 60mph. Lift kit came off after the 2nd, and I swore I would never lift another one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts