The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
FukeneH
197 Posts
prob get more responses on the H&S stuff on the .org, there are a few running them. my understanding blackmax=touchscreen+able:slap to change some parameters on the tune itself other than that they the same. well and the size

·
34 Posts
I didn't think either were touch screen. Other than the size, the Black Maxx holds a software that gives you the ability to adjust some parameters in your tune. I don't know what all can be changed in that software, but supposedly it gives you enough control to do good things or really mess stuff up. I've never tuned a diesel but I do tune some gas powered vehicles and it's really a lot of fun. Ultimately, if you take your time, read and learn, those that tune their own vehicles (sometimes with the help of a base program) have some of the most finely tuned cars/trucks on the road.

·
20 Posts
Satisfied Minimaxx user here, should have done it two years ago. The things I liked were; shift on the fly, no exhaust sensors to wrestle with, free tire size calibrations, no fees to a new user should I sell it. Also put on a 4" downpipe back exhaust.

Very happy with the performance, I have been tuned for about 5000 miles and still grin ear to ear when I drive it. Pulled my 20' enclosed over the biggest passes in Colorado, just have to watch your temps. Have fun in your search...Jeff

·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
H&S mini just arrived last night,Iwill install everything today and let everyone know how it is.Thanks again to Rudy's .

·
588 Posts
The H&S tuners are top notch and I have nothing but good things to say about them! The Mini Maxx and Black Maxx have identical tuning in them. The difference between the two is that the Black Maxx is over twice the size of the Mini, about the size of a Tom Tom GPS. The Mini Maxx is smaller, about the size of a business card. Both are superior tuners, and I keep them in stock! PM Me for special prices and free shipping! Thanks

Steel

·
36 Posts
The H&S tuners are top notch and I have nothing but good things to say about them! The Mini Maxx and Black Maxx have identical tuning in them. The difference between the two is that the Black Maxx is over twice the size of the Mini, about the size of a Tom Tom GPS. The Mini Maxx is smaller, about the size of a business card. Both are superior tuners, and I keep them in stock! PM Me for special prices and free shipping! Thanks

Steel
/\ X2

·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got installed,4" down pipe ,full 5" exhaust cold air intake ,and theair charge pipe.Easy download,much faster to down load than spartan,love being able to adjust on the fly,great fuel economy on stock tune no dpf,picked up almost 4mph hand calculated.Now the bad,shifts ok when empty,shifts horrably when towing! I have re down loaded and relearned the trans over and over ,no better?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts