The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a H2E laying around that i pulled off my powerstroke, how would with run on my 01 cummins, how much fuel would i need to spool it and what kind of boost numbers would i see

·
3,514 Posts
What size exhaust housing does it have? Those don't make great singles especially if you plan on towing. Usually it has a 17cm housing with a wastegate or a 19cm non wg. That is awfully big to get spinning as a single. I would Imagine at least a 200hp injector would be required to spool it.
Sean

·
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its a non wastegated do you no the specs on it like the turbine size and compressor it worked ok on my powerstroke why would the cummins be any different

·
3,514 Posts
That housing should have a cast number in it, which will be your ex. housing size. Generally they are pretty large which means relatively cool temps, but lower drive pressure and slower spool up. You will also need some sort of adapter to get from the stock t3 flange to the t4 flange on the turbo, and you will have to hook up oil and the downpipe. Since you already have the charger, it honestly shouldn't be that hard to get hooked up and going and shouldn't be too expensive either.

I would imagine that you would need at least 150hp injectors to really get it spinning, and it won't be great for towing. The auto trans trucks seem to like 12-14cm housings for normal driving on the street and the sticks can run 14-16cm housings with enough fuel, and you're looking at larger than that. If you have a stick drivability won't as bad. I guess, I'm just saying that there are definitely better turbos out there for the application, but for the price it might be worth it for you to try.
Sean

·
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea i was gona use it for a twins project but i dont have the money right now or the fabrication skills to do it i was gona use the stocker for the small turbo what kind of boost could i see out of jus the h2e with 150 to 200 hp injectors and i have a 5 speed to

·
3,514 Posts
150hp or 200hp injectors, with a fueling box, I'd imagine you could get close to the 60psi mark with that thing or possibly over it, since its non wastegated. Having the 5spd will help a lot too.
Sean

·
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i just checked it i have a 17 non wg housing , would 150s spool it, or should i go ahead and get 200s , and where can i get the flange adapter

·
Registered
550 Posts
look into headstuds and buy an extra headgasket as well. it sounds like you might be fixing to tare somthing up to me, but i am anciouse to know how this turns out for ya. good luck and keep us posted

·
67 Posts
I would b careful going over 50 I blew 2 of those up .. I could do 45lbs with 200 sticks and just a smarty and it ran very well , I used a 17 non gated housing .. I thought it spooled great but the smarty helped on that too I have an adaptor for 50$

·
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
where did you get the adaptor from and was your truck an auto or a stick, how was the driveability and fuel mileage

·
3,514 Posts
Rods said:
I would b careful going over 50 I blew 2 of those up .. I could do 45lbs with 200 sticks and just a smarty and it ran very well , I used a 17 non gated housing .. I thought it spooled great but the smarty helped on that too I have an adaptor for 50$
What do you think killed it, Drive pressure, heat, spinning too fast, or a difference in pressure from the compressor side to the turbine side and a weak shaft?

I'm just curious, because I have one in a twins set up on my truck, and will be running a bit more fuel, and I would like to avoid any problems. I'm running a 19cm none gated housing on the h2e which is on bottom, and a 12cm hx35, externally gated up top, with a drag comp and 150hp sticks. I'm usually not hard on my truck. But since these aren't a common turbo, it would be great to hear from someone with some better experience with them.
Sean

1 - 11 of 11 Posts