The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2000 k2500 6.5 TD Silverado 4x4
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so back in early December I bought a 2000 K2500 silverado. it had been sitting for about 6 months so we hooked up cables and started like a charm. I was pleased only needed new front brake lines. Then one day I noticed the rainbow water under the truck. It smelled like diesel. So the next day I went to investigate. No more sign of the leak or leak. thought I was dandy. While I was at it I noticed the glow plug controller wasn't all the way plugged in. plugged and she started a **** ton quicker. YAY a fix to something I hadn't noticed yet. Then all of a sudden while driving it started to stutter when I give it fuel. And now getting hard to start and will start then die or not start and need a jump. I'm thinking fuel filter and possibly air in the line. doing the fuel filter once i'm done with the glow plugs. The ones in it are pretty burnt up. Also not throwing a code.

·
342 Posts
Possibly the fuel filter.
Possibly the o-rings in the filter head.
Next time manually prime the filter. If there is some air and it fires right up you need to replace the seals in the filter head. About a half hour or so job.

·
Registered
2000 k2500 6.5 TD Silverado 4x4
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Possibly the fuel filter.
Possibly the o-rings in the filter head.
Next time manually prime the filter. If there is some air and it fires right up you need to replace the seals in the filter head. About a half hour or so job.
ok thank you. mentioning priming reminded my ran it out of fuel before the holidays so that would Definity help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
1-Is the electric lift fuel pump working? Under the frame driver side. IT HAS TI WORK AT ALL TIMES. It is driven by the oil pressure switch next to the fuel filter and the relay is in the fuse box under the hood driver side.

2-DTC SCAN is a must!

3-is the PMD relocated?(PMD stands for Pump Mounted Driver. The same part is also called an FSD or Fuel Solenoid Driver.) If not chances are this is the problem. You must troubleshoot before replacement.

4-is the injection pump optical sensor not reading properly?

read this page it may help steer you in the right direction
https://oregonfuelinjection.com/content/uploads/2016/08/gm-6.5-EFI-diagnostic.pdf

1 - 5 of 5 Posts