The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1995 F350 that I just replaced all my glow plugs and relay on and now it is even harder to start. It is acting like is is really cold.. . If I run the GP cycle 3-4 times if fires up or if I plug it in it fires up right away. Is there an oil temp sensor that controls the gp cycle? Runs great otherwise and warm starts are fine.

·
22 Posts
mines doing the same but needs to be plugged in to start. I think maybe the injectors are buggered because I called international and explained that the truck needs to be plugged in and the guy automatically said injectors. let me know what you find out please.

·
187 Posts
if you meen it has to crank longer that is should,check your HPOP tank befor you start it if it is more than 1/2 inch below the plug you have injector o-rings leaking down Been there done that

·
Super Moderator
4,247 Posts
If they HP o-rings for the injectors were bad he'd also have "black fuel" in the filter bowl and he did not mention that.

Did you use OEM parts, GPs and GPR? If not, more than likely, they were cheap parts and failed or there is a connection problem somewhere and we can figure that out if you did use OEM parts or at least good ones.

·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am still having problems with getting the truck to start. I have not checked the HPOP level yet. Any help/pics on how to do this? It is really getting driving me :gaah I used SeaFoam in the fuel and there was no change. Is it true that the fuel will be dark in the filter bowl if my HPOP/injectors are bleading down? More help please... shower me with knowledge!

·
187 Posts
On the front of the engine, in front of the fuel bowl is the HPOP tank, remove the Allen plug and if the tank, if is more than ¼-1/2 inch low or empty you have a leaking injector o-rings.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts