The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had 3 customers thats heads where warped and we have milled the crap out of them I'm thinking about milling my to the limits and polish intake possible port where I can any ideals if it really worth it I had to grind the valves to get them to close all the way

·
274 Posts
if milling the head results in excess valve protrusion, they can be recessed to bring them back to the correct height. but price out the cost of milling plus full head job vs new head

·
Too much into it now...
2,011 Posts
To be completely honest with MY opinion on the matter:

What the hell is the point of spending scads of money on "porting" the 6.0L heads, when they all crack anyways?:toytruck

Do you see the circle yet?

Pull heads off...find cracks, heads are junked, find "new" heads, spend money on full port and polish, next year find coolant missing again, pull heads off...find cracks...round and round we go...:gaah

Spend your money somewhere else. It's not "IF" the heads will crack, it's when.:night

Again....just my opinion, and my experience so far...(Minus the spending money on porting.)
I'm on my third set. And yeah, I even tried stellite seats in the second set of heads...:thumbdown

·
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if milling the head results in excess valve protrusion, they can be recessed to bring them back to the correct height. but price out the cost of milling plus full head job vs new head
Well My Uncle Owns a Machine shop so i get it done for parts only and we milled them up to 0.008 of and havent had valve problems but i thinking of going a little wilder on my truck havent heard of some one porting and polishing intake and heads or putting bigger valves And do you think it going to help i know it going to spead the air up and more of it so i know it would need a better than stock fuel system but how much do you think it would help?

·
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well My Uncle Owns a Machine shop so i get it done for parts only and we milled them up to 0.008 of and havent had valve problems but i thinking of going a little wilder on my truck havent heard of some one porting and polishing intake and heads or putting bigger valves And do you think it going to help i know it going to spead the air up and more of it so i know it would need a better than stock fuel system but how much do you think it would help?
out of the hundreds hg i've done i only seen 2 cracked heads and i known in souther oklahoma and north texas for my 6.0 work

1 - 6 of 6 Posts