The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dodge 500 hp gas trucks with the spoiler and racing stripes? The guy down the road drive by like Ryan Newman on the commercial and was wondering if those are out of our reach for a good superduty spank'n???
j.schall
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
359 Posts
My neighbor has a yellow 500hp viper truck and yes I ran him in my diesel crewcab from a stop. He caught me around 95 to 100 mph. He was shocked :eek: when he seen my truck had him off the line and about two trucks on him. Now he got even with me. :poke: He called me out in my wife's 03 cobra. He only wanted to run on a 20 mph roll. So I said ok. He pulled me a truck length. I caught him at around 120 when I went into 4th gear. We pulled over and he should me he was running nos on it. He says 100 shot :umno: I was very suprised :shrug:
 

·
Diesel Pro
Joined
·
2,652 Posts
tipically the srt-10 should beat the diesel but in slow fords case, he has a fast diesel so i think he would win, heck he probably runs neck and neck with a lightning too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
359 Posts
banksforddiesel99 said:
tipically the srt-10 should beat the diesel but in slow fords case, he has a fast diesel so i think he would win, heck he probably runs neck and neck with a lightning too.
Problem is, He can't get traction off the line like I do. So he has to roll out then get on it. Now if we were to race on a roll. I would be seeing his tail lights getting smaller :)
 

·
Diesel Nutbag
Joined
·
548 Posts
banksforddiesel99 said:
tipically the srt-10 should beat the diesel but in slow fords case, he has a fast diesel so i think he would win, heck he probably runs neck and neck with a lightning too.
I SPANKED a SRT-10 at the track last year 3 times in a row!! :roflmao:

He kept coming back for more LOL I was beating him by at least a second a pass :poke: and he always had an excuse :blah: :evil:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ouch!!!That much spank'n reminds me of grade school.. :Thumbup:
Dockboy its time for you to get a 6 litter too, so we can all take advantage of your experiance and such with mods......
j.schall
 

·
Got Torque?
Joined
·
2,577 Posts
My buddy down the street has one and let me drive it. Sure, it is fast, I would say a tad quicker than my truck (just Edge/Attitude, MBRP single, no cat, AFE intake), but not much. Where it probably will kick our butts is at top end. It rolls right past 100mph with no problem. I had it at 130 and there was some room left. I know some of the stronger trucks here (Dockboy, Mitch, others) can take a stock SRT-10; probably all over (top end also).

But.....I am guessing it would not a whole lot for an SRT-10 to whomp all of our collective butts if they did some mods. The potential of those motors is huge. They probabloy could get it to run close to a real Viper if they did a few things, and in that case, you can forget about running with them. I raced a Viper a couple of months ago, and it was pitiful. I launches at 2000 rpm and he got me on the lunge, wiggled a little as he hit 2nd and when it grabbed, he was fu--in GONE. That's about the time you say to yourself "well, this is a truck, not bad for a truck......"

RL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Exactly RL,
It is just a truck....but if I could just .......... :)
Its good to hear from you, how are those studs and gaskets holding? And did you precieve a performance increase from having her sealed up tight???
j.schall
 

·
'Ol Builder guy
Joined
·
7,051 Posts
Guys,

Great thread!!! I moved this thread to the smoke stories forums since it's a racing thread.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
slowford said:
My neighbor has a yellow 500hp viper truck and yes I ran him in my diesel crewcab from a stop. He caught me around 95 to 100 mph. He was shocked :eek: when he seen my truck had him off the line and about two trucks on him. Now he got even with me. :poke: He called me out in my wife's 03 cobra. He only wanted to run on a 20 mph roll. So I said ok. He pulled me a truck length. I caught him at around 120 when I went into 4th gear. We pulled over and he should me he was running nos on it. He says 100 shot :umno: I was very suprised :shrug:

Put a 2.8 on the Cobra and smoke him.. For us Ford folks :)

I'd run 40-140 though, probably best range for the Cobra. That's where we run all our races unless it's from a dig.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
359 Posts
jdk said:
Put a 2.8 on the Cobra and smoke him.. For us Ford folks :)

I'd run 40-140 though, probably best range for the Cobra. That's where we run all our races unless it's from a dig.
I already have a 2.76 pulley and hi flowcats with magnaflows exhaust,airkit and a tune. Still the truck pulled me. :shrug:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
slowford said:
I already have a 2.76 pulley and hi flowcats with magnaflows exhaust,airkit and a tune. Still the truck pulled me. :shrug:
If he was running nitrous on the truck the torque would have been insane.. Maybe it's time for a kenne bell in that case :smoke:
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
1,055 Posts
Those srt10 run 155 on the top end, that where the big diesels might have some problems. It is awsome that a truck that can haul 15k on a trailer get 20 mpg can keep up with a truck that is built to haul *** and cost over 50k. Good job boys. See ya :popcorn:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,230 Posts
BillyRam raced one in his hometown, spanked him twice in his 3rd gen and the guy didnt stop to get his slip, just left the track in shame.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
359 Posts
jdk said:
I would of run it with my old car though :evil:

Nice car. What size turbo or turbo's do you have on it. I am thinking about a kennelBell 2.4. Then I have to do something with the rear because those halfshafts will not hold up. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
slowford said:
Nice car. What size turbo or turbo's do you have on it. I am thinking about a kennelBell 2.4. Then I have to do something with the rear because those halfshafts will not hold up. :)
It had twin 57's, good up to about 1100 hp at the flywheel.. I sold it though, it was my only car and not very practical.

Unless you plan on running 25+ PSI on the kenne bell I'd run a 2.2L... Unless you have the money to spare, then I'd go with a single turbo kit and some better pistons and rods :evil:
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Hey Slowford, get with :bow: Eric at InnovativeDiesel and he can get you some programming for that snake. They have a real nasty program for your Cobra.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
359 Posts
Slaughterhouse said:
Hey Slowford, get with :bow: Eric at InnovativeDiesel and he can get you some programming for that snake. They have a real nasty program for your Cobra.
Jon was over my house yesterday and datalog my 03 cobra and we put bigger massair on it and tune. Still pegging the pumps. Need to get booster pumps. :)
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top