The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am insterested in adding a sub and an amp to my 06 F250 screw to go along with an Alpine desk and infintity speakers - has anyone else added a sub and/or amp? If so, what did you go with? I know JL offers one the fits in the console and others offer ones that fit behind the rear seats or under them.

·
Sumo Blue
527 Posts
I added 2 subs and an amp to my 05 screw. I'll try to get some info on the subs and box later this evening. I went with a behind the rear seat box instead of the console option. I use my console for storage and didn't want to give up the space. I was looking for clean sound, not something that everyone could hear 6 blocks away. Overall, I'm very happy with my choice.

--Snake

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sub and amp specifics would be great - thanks!

·
vendor supporter
700 Posts
I have the jl audio center console box. but I modded mine to fit a 10w7 powered by a jl 500.1 The sound is clean and crisp. for the front I have a set of mb quartz 6.5 Q series separates that sound awesome powered by a jl 300.2. Jason

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
ive got a huge box that takes up 7/8 of behind my back seat after i moved it up about 2-2 1/2", has 2 12" kicker comp VR's powered by a cheap 1000watt DHD amp. rockford fosgate components up front with a 150watt amp and a pioneer head. needs better speakers, amps, and a t.v. and it would be good. but sounds good as is, and only cost me about 230.

Garrett

·
322 Posts
I've built a box where the original console went. It works really well. Sub and amp specs are in my sig.

·
395 Posts
I had a custom box made for mine at a local place around here. It was made to fit in the middle of the back seat floor and had it wrapped in vinyl to match my leather. It is a pretty big sub (JL 12W7) but sounds great in the sealed box. I mounted my JL 1000w amp behind my seat w/ a 1.5 cap. I have pics in my sig of everything but my amp, Ill take some pictures sometime and put them on there. Feel free to check it out.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
I also im interested in adding sub, 2 front speakers (should i go with components?), and a couple amps, and a headunit to my truck. Prices would be nice also.

thanks,
dan.

·
422 Posts
I have my sub behind the back seat also. On either side of my sub I run Fosgate amps. I have a 500 watt mono amp for the sub and and a 600x4 watt amp for the four door speakers. All connected to a pioneer head unit that cranks all my Ipod tunes!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
4 10s behind the seat jl is coming out with some new thin line subs that are said to be able to handle some power :popcorn:

·
Registered
411 Posts
huck2080 said:
jl is coming out with some new thin line subs that are said to be able to handle some power :popcorn:
Hopefully! I need something small. I have stuff on the back seat floor and behind the seat 24/7. I would get the jl audio center seat stealth box, but I don't want to make the seat uncomfortable.

-dan

·
PitBullPowerStroker
154 Posts
I have an extra cab so the space is small.
Running a probox enclosure under the back seat with 2 10's on a rockford fosgate 400 watt amp.
The problem is that the box requires really shallow drivers which are hard to find and can operate in such small airspace.
To overcome this one has to push alot more power to sound good (think 1000 watts).
Mine doesn't sound like it should.
My point is to look real close at the box specs and driver specs and match them up as best you can so that your $$$$ is well spent.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hey sergeantnic...how much did you pay for it? did you get it w/ the sub?

·
100 Posts
He puts them on ebay from time to time. I think in the 150 range plus shipping. He's a member on the diesel stop. I've talked to him, seems like a good guy and makes quality boxes. He can make one for two subs or sealed or ported. I want one, be I have to finish the system in my mach 1.

·
Registered
22 Posts
tdmr1195 said:
hey sergeantnic...how much did you pay for it? did you get it w/ the sub?
I can't remember what I paid for it but it was around $200 with shipping if I remember correctly. It came carpeted to match my interior and it's ported.

I purchased the sub seperately on Ebay. I think I paid $200 for sub and AMP so I've got $400 into the whole thing.

Box is good quality and it fit right behind the seat without moving the seat or anything like that. I removed the little floor tray under my seat and put the amp under there. Works really well and like I said, it sounds amazing.

Guys name is Michael Hughes and he goes by SPL2K over on the dieselstop. Real nice guy and he emailed me a wiring diagram for my truck and also for a Dodge Ram I was putting a system in.

Here's the sub I put in the box. It can be had on Ebay for $80 - 90
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-yraFTrIOzeU/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=520&I=130TSS3041

And this is the Amp I used. It can be had on Ebay for < $100
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-yraFTrIOzeU/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=120&I=489AP1000M

You really don't need a high fidelity amp to run a sub so that's why I went with the profile. It's also got the remote gain which I routed up to the little cubby hole in the front of the center console out of view and I can adjust as needed.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts