The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to put new powerstroke mirrors on my 97 and just looking for some input or pics to see if it can look respectable or even a dodge or chev style. I want to stay away from the old chrome style they used in 97.

Thanks Matt

·
1,921 Posts
I saw some pics a long time ago I think it was on TDS that someone had welded in a pannel in place of the wing window to mount the SD style mirrors on. Honestly I thought they kind of looked out of place. Those mirrors are really nice because you can see so much out of them but they just don't fit the '94-'97 trucks well IMHO.

·
2,819 Posts
I saw a truck with them. They filled in the vent window slot and mounted them that way. It looked clean, just out of place.

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
i have a sd and i miss my obs old chrome dumbo ear mirrors dont ruin a nice body style Just my .02

·
191 Posts
I've looked far and wide for newer/bigger mirrors to replace my OBS style. Have never found anything....I put some blindspots on mine and they do the job....just takes getting used to I guess.

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
untill those blind spots fall off LOL LOL LOL then it takes a month of drivin around blind till ya get a new one LOL LOL

·
2,819 Posts
I like west coast style mirrors. I bought a set of stainless 7x16 (I think that is the correct size) that I plan to install when I begin my body work.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Lonesome7.3 said:
I like west coast style mirrors. I bought a set of stainless 7x16 (I think that is the correct size) that I plan to install when I begin my body work.
It's a good idea to get doors off an F-Superduty OBS truck for the west-coast mirrors because they have internal supports for the mirrors.

I don't think the regular doors are strong enough to take the stress.

·
191 Posts
As long as I can see where I'm goin'....who cares where I've been!:poke:

·
Professional Tire Fryer
133 Posts
What are west coast style mirrors?

·
2,819 Posts
daturbosix said:
What are west coast style mirrors?

The simplest explanation I can come up with is look at semis. That is a west coast style mirror.

I never thought about the internal support issue. I had planned on using a simple one peice bracket. But you have brought up a good point.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts