The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if anyone has stacked juice and evolution, curious how it worked for the tranny, :RTFM:

·
SLAPS President
3,027 Posts
I have that combo...... I am not using any of the Evo power settings though, just the "trans only" tune. It shifts great!!:Thumbup: No "learning" or anything, just sweet shifts...... Even if I change power settings on the fly.... I highly recommend it for anyone that already has the old style Juice.....

·
Rock Star
610 Posts
i did that for a while last fall... the EVo did help the shifts, but it followed the stock shift/lockup program, so after my reflash, my converter never locked up, with or without the evo.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I ran that for about 6 months , the juice w/att on level 5 and the Evoulution on extreme , it worked great but I get more hp from my sct

·
Registered
211 Posts
One more thing I tried it with a super chips BAD move , evan ran the above setup with NOS

·
113 Posts
I have the old style Juice 3 pos. (no Attitude). The Evolution sounds like the ticket. Is the Evolution user friendly for boneheads like :RTFM: myself?
snoboy

·
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the evolution is easy to use, i installed it about 2 weeks ago my tranny isnt slipping as much, you can change shift points, and line pressures, amongst other stuff also.

·
113 Posts
Ordered the Evolution today. I'll be using the Evolutions trans. program in conjunction with the Juice.
snoboy

·
113 Posts
Evolution arrived today but no time to install. Loading it in the morning and going for a spin:woot: I will post results after.

·
113 Posts
Had to send it back to Edge for updating. Did uses the live streaming data function, pretty cool.

·
Registered
20 Posts
FYI, on my '05, the 05E15 reflash rendered some of that streaming data capability useless - for example, tranny temp just reads 0. May not ever be an issue for you...

·
113 Posts
gopher, I loaded the trans program tonight but NOW like you said the data stream items are all 0's except engine oil temp which works. WTH? All the data stream stuff worked when I first got it. I guess we only get half the features, data stream or programing not both:shrug: . Kinda BS Well I will definitely be contacting Edge about this.
snoboy

·
Registered
20 Posts
Good luck, snoboy. I was basically told that functionality wasn't going to be fixed... That issue, combined with the driveability issues (read: unexpected intermittent WOT-like acceleration at partial throttle) I was having, prompted me to try to get rid of mine. I wanted Edge to take it back, but am now working with my vendor... :damnit

·
113 Posts
Gopher, were you running the Evo as a tuner or trans. only? I'm using my basic 3 pos. Edge Juice for power and the Evolution as a transmission prgram only. I drove around all day and it worked killer. Truck feels like a big block gasser with a real solid transmission. So far (except for the data stream) I'm real happy.
snoboy

·
Registered
20 Posts
I was using it as a tuner. The trans program worked ok, it was the HP tunes that I didn't like.

·
113 Posts
I talked with Edge today and they are working on the Evo to fix all issues and will ship out new replacement units to swap with customers who currently own Evos. I've dealt with them before on the earlier Juice Modules and they were always great to deal with.

·
370 Posts
I talked to edge about doing this stack. here is what htey recommended. We al know about the famous run the edge on 5/5 and the predator on the middle setting. i thought about doing this with the evo but edge said to run the evo on extreme and the edge on 5/3. just try a couple different ways and see what works

·
Registered
324 Posts
I'm running the evo on Towing Program with shift set to firmest setting and the Platinum on Level 6. Works great. Before the Evo I was having problems with the tranny not wanting to shift when I turned on the NOS. After the Evo, shifts great even when the shift defuel is set down to 70%.

·
370 Posts
Where you from?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Dont_Ram_Me_Stroke_Me said:
Where you from?
Me? I'm in Mid-Missouri. Why?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts