The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I want to do the egr and dpf delete but I can't decide what size exhaust to get. The trucks stock but I've been looking at 4in or 5in mbrp exhaust,most likely straight piped. I need some help choosing, does anyone have any experience with either sizes? I also want to get the smarty tuner but can't decide which one to get... Either the jr or the s67me. Don't really have any experience with diesels and need some help.!! And also I plan on doing a few other things to it like intake mani and cold air but don't know any good brands or any feedback on anything!!

·
southern-stroke
227 Posts
The 6.7 comes stock with a 4 inch exhaust, so if you're going to run a straight pipe you'd be better off financially to just get delete pipes rather than a full turbo back exhaust unless you want to upgrade to a 5 inch.

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
The 6.7 comes stock with a 4 inch exhaust, so if you're going to run a straight pipe you'd be better off financially to just get delete pipes rather than a full turbo back exhaust unless you want to upgrade to a 5 inch.
While this is true, the stock downpipe is very restrictive. For the best gains a full TBE is the best route.

I have a 5in TBE w/muffler and I am very happy with it. I also run a Smarty Jr. and am very happy with it.

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well thanks! I still need some Info on a decent egr delete kit. Ugh idk what to do. Imma do 5in turbo back and has anyone heard of glacier intakes??

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And also what are some other good sites to buy parts offline. Like good distributors with good feedback?! Thanks!!

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
And also what are some other good sites to buy parts offline. Like good distributors with good feedback?! Thanks!!
Click on the Green Link in my Sig. it will take you to the supporting vendors section of our forum where you can post a thread about the parts you want and they will give you prices most likely via PM.

I have never heard of Glacier Intakes, I run a S&B CAI and for the money its the best bang for the buck. As far as EGR deletes they are all basicly the same.

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Right on.! Thanks bro.. And A couple buddys of mine told me the edge cts monitor is supposed to be more accurate and a better set up rather then guages. Just a pod that can display 4 different things u wanna monitor and change them anytime. Do the 6.7 sound all raspy and trashy when they are straight piped? I'm thinkin 5 turbo back no muffler.

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
As far as Monitor VS. Gauges.

Old School analog style gauge will always be more acturate than a monitor. The reason is they have their on sensor and show real time data. The monitors on the market rely on the factory sensor and require the ECM to update to show changes. Once you get used to the analog style gauge you can tell at a quick glance what the truck is doing, while you always have to read the exact readout on the monitor.

Due the factor VGT or vairble geromerty turbo the 6.7L is not a very loud motor, I ran mine straight piped for a week or two until the muffler came in. It has a nasty drone around 1500 rpm loaded heavy but overall it was not bad.

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Post in the vendors section of the site. ( Green link in my sig) Our vendors are both very helpful and knowledgeable. Can I ask why it has to be a MBRP TBE? There are many others out there that have great products as well.

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Finally got everything put on

Well I finally figured out what I wanted. Went with the smarty sr me files for the egr and dpf delete. Went with the sinister egr delete kit, k&n cai, 4" mbrp tbe.. Had to go with the 5.9 kit cause mbrp doesn't make a kit for the 6.7.. Mounted up just fine. One of the hangers doesn't work but there are plenty towards the back to support it. Only thing I'm worried about it the mount right off the downpipe tranny mount. It won't mount up correctly cause the angle of the downpipe I'm just worried about pressure on the vband clamp or pressure on the turbo it self but it sounds so good and gave it so much more power. Haven't seen much fuel gains just cause I can't keep my foot out of it. Haven't installed the egr delete, and my truck doesn't smoke at all, with the egr delete will it smoke at least a little bit?! Thanks.!!

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
And also just curious if any one knows which setting is the best on the smarty sr for smoke?! I'm only on 4 an haven't messed with any other settings

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Just curious why you want the 6.7L to smoke, it is the most efficient fuel system in a Cummins Turbo diesel to date. (though the dpf and regens do not net the best fuel mileage).

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Im not much for smoke so all I can tell you is if you build for power smoke will follow, but please don't go blacking out intersections giving other diesel owners a bad name.

Reactions: Dodgefarmer
1 - 17 of 17 Posts