The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need some info on how to go about doing head studs and gaskets. is pulling the cab easier? is their a step by step procedure? how long of a job and any specialty tools required?

·
53 Posts
i have asked the same question and the only response i recieved is " pulling the cab is easier" i asked for the step by step items but have not heard anything yet. there is a guy on you tube that showed parts of the process. if interested i can figure out how to make a link and send it to you.

·
Bittersweet Love Affair
23 Posts
the majority of people with 6.0l (not just us though) do a cab off r&r...but that's the people that work in shops, have buddies that work in shops, have nice stocked garages with a lift, and your occasional cornfield custom mechanics that use a forklift or bobcat and towstraps....but for the rest of us, like me, with low budgets and no place to pull the cab off there is the correct way, outlined in all ford service tech guides that usually end up as tool box leveling shims in the dealerships mechanics area, a cab on r&r...if you can get ahold of the "bible" you would have life made. if not there is plenty of walk-thru's on forums, even on this one. just do your research, and make sure you're prepared. i'm doing my head job in the next few weeks and plan on taking lots of pics and posting a detailed write up on here...until then, good luck, keep searching the forums and also youtube has a few good ones, i believe the vid mentioned above is the guy that goes by 1puglife...that's a good series of videos, plus he is canadian, and he's pretty comical....hope this helps a little:soapbox

·
2006 f250 6.0sd veggi oil
58 Posts
my headgaskets just went brought it to ford its under warrenty yet they dont wana do it they say cuse there are stack and i have a tuner... any ideas?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts