The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ideas ?

I know that the truck experienced this when Ford installed my alarm/remote start and the tech replaced a "smart junction box" and the headlight switch. All worked well for several months, maybe as I always leave the headlamps in auto, but during a recent fishing trip my buddy turned the lights off. Upon returning from fishing we loaded up and I noticed that my headlights were on. Upon review of the switch I noticed that the lights were in the off position but the lights were still on. I turned the switch to the auto position and the lights went off. What is the problem ??? If it is this "smart box" or the switch is this a known issue ? Am I taking any chance of an electrical fire or short if I leave as is since I ALWAYS leave them in auto anyway ?

2008 250 CCSB

·
33 Posts
The little magic box is the GEM, it controls all of the vehicles electrical components. Like windows, interior and exterior lights.

I can't see the switch being the problem, but a faulty alarm system will do all kinds of funny stuff. Considering most alarms tie into the GEM to get access to the locks and lighting.

At least that would be where I would start. Look for loose wire's.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts