The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what other than studs and head gaskets do I need to get? Do I need to replace intake gaskets, injector o-rings, or other stuff? I want to get everything together before I start so my truck isnt down for a long time. Thanks.

Kyle

·
Diesel Mafia #67
11,283 Posts
EGR cooler... its good to do the oil cooler. here hold one look at this list

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
You will need rocker carrier gaskets, inj o-rings, intake gasket set.
Then it depends on what else you want to do while in there. It would be the time to add a regulated return fuel system and delete the EGR cooler. Replacing the oil cooler is a good precaution also

·
Registered
624 Posts
Not to get off topic to much but can you do head studs by just replacing the factory bolts(as long as there is nothing wrong with your HG's to begin with)?

·
Diesel Mafia #67
11,283 Posts
SmokingIDI_7.3L said:
Not to get off topic to much but can you do head studs by just replacing the factory bolts(as long as there is nothing wrong with your HG's to begin with)?

You dont know if your HG's are good or bad.. When you get the head kit from Ford they give you new upgraded gaskets with upgraded heads. Because you could have to replace the gaskets further down the road.

when it comes to a 6L dont half arse the job..

·
424 Posts
i did it that way i have had no isses so far.

·
Registered
239 Posts
blackcloudCTD95 said:
theres the list

WOW!!!!! Whos list is that? They WAY over payed for those heads. My friend got his for 800 a piece. Also, why would you replace the glow plug harness?

·
Premium Member
5,567 Posts
DieselKid said:
WOW!!!!! Whos list is that? They WAY over payed for those heads. My friend got his for 800 a piece. Also, why would you replace the glow plug harness?
what about the head bolts... I can get arps for just a couple bucks over $400:shrug:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, looks like I am going to hold off on the studs for a while. Just had to buy some tires-not cheap.

·
Diesel Mafia #67
11,283 Posts
DieselKid said:
Nope... straight from ford.... we got thm under cost.. And I also think your frined is lieing to you.. this ISNT my 1st 6.0 head job.. its my 4 or 5th.. an thats arround the same price.. some need oil coolers some dont...

Ohhh yeah BTW... heads are on nation wide back order..... :sofa

·
356 Posts
hhrecovery said:
what about the head bolts... I can get arps for just a couple bucks over $400:shrug:
Can you pass along the name of the company or is this a special price for you?

Thanks
Scott

·
Diesel Mafia #67
11,283 Posts
hhrecovery said:

Thats a 1st.. do tell me so my next truck I can get studs for cheap.... I paid 435$ for mine with tax and shipping it came out to 450$ and I only have 26 head bolts..

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
blackcloudCTD95 said:
Thats a 1st.. do tell me so my next truck I can get studs for cheap.... I paid 435$ for mine with tax and shipping it came out to 450$ and I only have 26 head bolts..

um 6.0 only has 20 studs

·
Premium Member
5,567 Posts
Sorry guys, I had a mis type that I meant to say a little over $500

·
Premium Member
5,567 Posts
blackcloudCTD95 said:
Nope... straight from ford.... we got thm under cost.. And I also think your frined is lieing to you.. this ISNT my 1st 6.0 head job.. its my 4 or 5th.. an thats arround the same price.. some need oil coolers some dont...

Ohhh yeah BTW... heads are on nation wide back order..... :sofa
I hate to tell you but I think your "dealer" connection is screwing you... Here they are straight from a dealer and they are only 942.83 :shrug:

·
Diesel Mafia #67
11,283 Posts
hhrecovery said:
I hate to tell you but I think your "dealer" connection is screwing you... Here they are straight from a dealer and they are only 942.83 :shrug:

Who ever we got them from is not anywhere local... ohhhh well... I dont care.. I dont own one... i dont plan on owning one.. so Its none of my business all Im told to do is work on it and I get paid..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts