1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do the heated mirrors on all the dodge trucks suck

·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ican shut mine off, but they dont get hot enough to clear fog let alone ice. Both sides do it so I dont know if they work or not. anyway to test it easy. The light on the dash lights comes on and the switch gives a click like a relay, but it doesnt seem to heat or it not heating enough.

·
Banned
6,478 Posts
springer said:
Ican shut mine off, but they dont get hot enough to clear fog let alone ice. Both sides do it so I dont know if they work or not. anyway to test it easy. The light on the dash lights comes on and the switch gives a click like a relay, but it doesnt seem to heat or it not heating enough.
Mine work well I just hate them go through the car wash and they bake on the soap before it can be rinsed off. Rain and road grim gets baked on. IMOP they suck.

·
232 Posts
they dont work for long

·
Premium Member
2,641 Posts
springer said:
do the heated mirrors on all the dodge trucks suck
Nope... Mine will melt ice off the mirrors ar -16*F at 45 MPH in about 3-5 miles... No problem...

·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is there any way to check them. What type of voltage should there be at the mirrors:shrug:

·
Premium Member
2,641 Posts
Like everything on the truck it should be 12 Volts...

The only things I know off that are not 12 volt is ECM/PCM engine components...

·
Registered
98 Posts
mine work great. well the driver side works great, the passenger side quit working, but i'm too lazy to look into it.

·
1,055 Posts
My driver side sucks, but the pasanger side works pretty well. They both use to work great when I was in GA in ice storms. Still trying to figure out why the driver side sucks.

·
165 Posts
mine would always melt the ice on them when i turned them on but i put tow mirrors on it now. never really used the heat much anyways here in missouri

·
Registered
43 Posts
Mine work Great!!! First truck I have had with them and have not had a problem out of them at all.

·
Da Bomb Squad!
57 Posts
my driver side doesnt work & I dont wanna pay dealer price on a whole unit just cause it doesnt work i'm waiting to see if I find 1 at a wrecker

·
165 Posts
hey joe diesel i would check on ebay, they ususally go pretty cheap

1 - 16 of 16 Posts