The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes after 200,000+ miles my leather seat is not heating anymore.:shrug: Giving me the blinking light in the console. any suggestiong of a after market seat w/heat or a seat heater fix? thanks I really miss it now that I turned 50 years old this year. my rear end is complaining.:thanks:

·
2nd Gen Guru
2,641 Posts
Chec the wiring to the heater inside the seat and see if there is a OPEN curcuit... It might be as easy as a broken wire or a dissconnected wire...

·
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The blinking light on the control panel tells me that it is a open ckt. I think the heater element is broken. My friends little girl likes to walk on the seat when she gets into the truck. I think she broke it. Any part number for a replacement heater element? Thanks:smoke:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Dodge had a fix for this other than replacing the seat cover. It was a new heater element. You pulled the seat cover off and cut the wires close to the cover for the heater element that doesn't work. Then you stuck the new heater element to the cover. It was cheaper than doing the whole seat cover and was pretty simple. Once you have the seat out of the truck it is not hard to take the seat cover off. Just make sure you have some hog ring pliers and hog rings when you put the seat cover back on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts