The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I decided to pull my truck for the first time last night and I broke the yoke on my rearend and srewed up the drive shaft. Dose anybode sell anything to ugrade my driveshaft and yoke so this dosent happen again.
Its on a 96 F350 regular cab single rear wheel.
here's a pick or two or what happened
View attachment 11472
View attachment 11473
Thanks
Ross Becker

Attachments

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
pontiacross said:
Well I decided to pull my truck for the first time last night and I broke the yoke on my rearend and srewed up the drive shaft. Dose anybode sell anything to ugrade my driveshaft and yoke so this dosent happen again.
Its on a 96 F350 regular cab single rear wheel.
here's a pick or two or what happened
View attachment 11472
View attachment 11473
Thanks
Ross Becker

Does your front yoke slip into the transfer case or does it bolt? I might have what you are looking for to upgrade to 1410 series joints as opposed to the 1350`s you have.

·
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea it takes 4 bolts to connect it to the transfercase. I'm not sure what rearend it is though, I want to say its a dana 60

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
pontiacross said:
yea it takes 4 bolts to connect it to the transfercase. I'm not sure what rearend it is though, I want to say its a dana 60

Sterling 10.25, can you get me a measurement from front side of pinion nut to the nut holding the flange to the transfercase?

·
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
are you sure its a steerling I thought they just started useing them in the superduitys. I'll get that mesurement this evening.

·
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok I couldn't find any numbers on the rear end but a friend of mine agreed that its probably a steerling 10.25. there is about 55in. between the end of the pinion shaft and the output shaft of the transfer case. (it is squatted down a little because I still have about 1000lbs of tractor weights in the bed but that distance shouldn't very to mutch.) I counted 32 splines on the pinion yoke and the od of the splines is about 1.3 in.
If the drive shaft you have is the wrong length I know a guy that can cut it down or put a new tube in it
Thanks

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
pontiacross said:
Ok I couldn't find any numbers on the rear end but a friend of mine agreed that its probably a steerling 10.25. there is about 55in. between the end of the pinion shaft and the output shaft of the transfer case. (it is squatted down a little because I still have about 1000lbs of tractor weights in the bed but that distance shouldn't very to mutch.) I counted 32 splines on the pinion yoke and the od of the splines is about 1.3 in.
If the drive shaft you have is the wrong length I know a guy that can cut it down or put a new tube in it
Thanks

I will look tonite to make sure it will work, It will be the takeout from my 03` superduty. I swapped it out for 1480 joints on the dana 80.

·
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
give me a call if you think it will work I'd like to get my truck going next week
thanks
Ross
573 721-0735

1 - 9 of 9 Posts