The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Official blowy uppy guy.
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys use for really heavy duty work, like yanking HARD on trees, stuck truck etc? I was looking around, and a friend steered me to this stuff called "PLASMA 12 STRAND" Anybody got any experience with it? It's supposed to be pretty good stuff. Not cheap at 7.55 bucks a foot, but also damned strong at 5/8 inch, 10 pounds per 100 feet and 51k working load limit.:D

Anybody got anything cheaper that seems to hold up really well, and is good to about 50-60k lbs?:thumbsup

I seem to recall Tank had some strong straps?:happymugs

·
26 tires rolling
929 Posts
I used to have a 220,000LB rated 30' long nylon lifting sling that was retired from lifting duties but worked fine for pull strap dutys. last time i seen it it was sticking half outta the mud that was knee deep. There are days that i wished i would have gone in after it. I got it from a local MAJOR crane and rigging company that was just going to shat can it.

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
i would look for something at least 5-6". i dont know about you but i personally would rather have a larger strap than one that is too small and breaks.

Garrett

·
Tow Mater
194 Posts
Ive got a 4inch at 40ft works good when they buried in deep drifts, also got a rope thats rated at 110,000lbs wors really good

1 - 6 of 6 Posts