The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Men, I am not really a racer of these trucks, but I do pull heavy and long.. I realize the main things to watch on the dash-daq is egts, and ect, and i have been watching the eot as well, with all the knowlage of these trucks here on this forum, can anyone reccomend the main things to watch on a long hard pull? And the max readings before getting concerned? I pull with the 210 tune and run empty on the 275 for mileage. Any input on this would be appreciated as it is warming up outside here and I do not want to cook anything. Thanks!

·
BLING BLING
636 Posts
Exh. Gas Rec. Temp(EGTRA) thats the EGT reading you wanna watch. EOT, Trans temp, boost, fuel rail pressure, ECT, and thats pretty much it. 260 is hot for oil, 1200 is hot for egts, 210 is hot for trans, You should be an average of 15000 FRP on the expressway. Thats about it. Ryan

·
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Exh. Gas Rec. Temp(EGTRA) thats the EGT reading you wanna watch. EOT, Trans temp, boost, fuel rail pressure, ECT, and thats pretty much it. 260 is hot for oil, 1200 is hot for egts, 210 is hot for trans, You should be an average of 15000 FRP on the expressway. Thats about it. Ryan
Thanks, Ryan I have been using the correct egt, although I was not sure what the HOT temps where for the tranny and engine oil temp. Also, what is the importance of monitoring the fuel rail pressures if a guy is not running wot? Thanks

·
Spartan, True Performance
411 Posts
Got this way back when Spartan came out with the DashDaq.

Gauge Limits

EGRTA – Pre Turbo EGT
Max 2000
High Warning 1600
EOT – Engine Oil Temp
Max 300
High Warning 230
ECT – Engine Coolant Temp
Max 275
High Warning 225
FRP – Fuel Rail Pressure
Max 30000
High Warning 27500
Low Warning 4500
FRT – Fuel Rail Temp
Max 200
High Warning 140
TFT – Transmission Fluid Temp
Max 275
High Warning 220
MGP – Manifold Gauge Pressure
Max 40-50
High Warning 35-45

This is from back in December when I towed 21,000 with the v2 210 tune.

I just pulled 21,000 with the 210 tune. Truck had plenty of power. Outside temp 65 degrees. Egt's running 60-65 were high, 1000-1100 and sometimes climbing small hills hit 1200. Soon as I slowed, would get it down between 1000-1100. Boost at same speed was 34-36, but and as high 45 while I was trying to get up to speed. Highest I saw EOT was 221, and ECT was 212.

http://www.spartandieseltech.com/forum/showthread.php?t=482&highlight=towing+tunes

·
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got this way back when Spartan came out with the DashDaq.

Gauge Limits

EGRTA – Pre Turbo EGT
Max 2000
High Warning 1600
EOT – Engine Oil Temp
Max 300
High Warning 230
ECT – Engine Coolant Temp
Max 275
High Warning 225
FRP – Fuel Rail Pressure
Max 30000
High Warning 27500
Low Warning 4500
FRT – Fuel Rail Temp
Max 200
High Warning 140
TFT – Transmission Fluid Temp
Max 275
High Warning 220
MGP – Manifold Gauge Pressure
Max 40-50
High Warning 35-45

This is from back in December when I towed 21,000 with the v2 210 tune.

I just pulled 21,000 with the 210 tune. Truck had plenty of power. Outside temp 65 degrees. Egt's running 60-65 were high, 1000-1100 and sometimes climbing small hills hit 1200. Soon as I slowed, would get it down between 1000-1100. Boost at same speed was 34-36, but and as high 45 while I was trying to get up to speed. Highest I saw EOT was 221, and ECT was 212.

http://www.spartandieseltech.com/forum/showthread.php?t=482&highlight=towing+tunes
Wow, Mick, we can always count on you for a " Perfect " answer, thanks alot, this helps loads, I canot see myself having to worry about HIGHs from what I saw so far! Thanks again,
Shaune.

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
Hopefully the mods can make this a sticky, Thanks mick

·
543 Posts
Looking for the simple answer?
Keep your sustained EGTs below 1,300 and keep your oil temps around 210-215 max if possible.
Change to a SYN oil, and your engine oil temps won't be so critical.
After that, keep your eyes on the road because the rest really doesn't matter as long as those couple of things are in check.

·
181 Posts
Shaune,
How do you like the Spartan set up? I beleive we set up your Dash Daq with the latest firmware so you should be able to use the voice activation for when EGT's get hot to avoid having to watch the gauge so much. If you find your EGT's getting up there let me know I got a couple Zex NOS kits here to cool it down :happymugs

·
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Shaune,
How do you like the Spartan set up? I beleive we set up your Dash Daq with the latest firmware so you should be able to use the voice activation for when EGT's get hot to avoid having to watch the gauge so much. If you find your EGT's getting up there let me know I got a couple Zex NOS kits here to cool it down :happymugs
WOOOAH..... Hahaha.. she is working great Rob.... no need for nitrous... ( Or I may need a new wife too ) As far as egts, I was in LLyod last week at my buddies house and we did several wot runs with the 275.... dura-crap fans i had to show them what a real truck could do, anyways the highest egts that i saw at wot to about 100mph was 1550, then dropped off fast once guy let off. She will light all fours in the back for about 80 feet with a boosted launch in 2wd. I did not and probally will not try the 4 wd launch, this way all it can cost me is tires.. HA. The 275 I use when driving empty and she is getting about 17-18mpgs at 110km, And pulling almost all the time in the summer i am running the 210 and she works awsome and very reasonable mileage... about 14-15 with 14,000lbs at about 110km.hr WAYYYY better than stock!. I may be interested in the new 310?? tune that they are working on once it is ready for a release, just for driving empty.... Or showing up some dura-crap lovers!
Shaune.

·
Spartan, True Performance
411 Posts
How do you guys get the transmission to hold up to 210hp tunes?
Transmission tuning is built into these tunes. Shifts firm, real firm. That way it doesn't slip.....

·
773 Posts
How do you guys get the transmission to hold up to 210hp tunes?
Its all in the trans tuning, pulling 8k on hillly back roads, trans temps where around 185 with the 210 tune:thumbsup

1 - 13 of 13 Posts