The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Replaced motor with another used motor with 167xxx miles no blow by. Alot of new parts new injectors now gettin codes for all injectors high and low side open running rough smokes a little swapped idm with my buddy's truck no change can't remember code numbers need help if anyone has any knowledge

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’m not a mechanic yet since I’m only a teenager but I have worked on some of these trucks could your fuel rails be clogged or and other component in the fuel system like the fuel filter or fuel lines? But if your injectors are the only codes being thrown your HEUI injectors could have a bad electrical injection search up the quarter truck on the 7.3L Powerstroke and it will require you to remove the valve covers check the injector wiring harness and cut up two quarters to fit in the clip on each injector wiring harness be very VERY careful with the brittle wiring harness cause I have removed these they are soft and as far as I know very hard or impossible to replace YouTube as a lot of videos FIXITNICK as far as I know has a video under his 7.3 Swap truck videos and he will show you how to remove the valve covers and air and turbo intake I think this might be the issue and it’s fairly easy and cheap to fix only about 50cemt minus making sure you have the tools and extensions and stuff to remove the valve covers and stuff make sure you have 10,12,13MM 1/4Inch driver wrenches and sockets to reach these valve covers you will see 90% of the bolt for the valve covers but there is a hidden bolt on the passengers side i between the fire wall and and engine it’s very annoying to get to use U-Joint water xtensions and whatever else you need to remove this the turbo intake pipes and air cooler pipes only require 10MM sockets to remover as far as I know and you will need to finess them out of the block…. If you try this then good luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’m not a mechanic yet since I’m only a teenager but I have worked on some of these trucks could your fuel rails be clogged or and other component in the fuel system like the fuel filter or fuel lines? But if your injectors are the only codes being thrown your HEUI injectors could have a bad electrical injection search up the quarter truck on the 7.3L Powerstroke and it will require you to remove the valve covers check the injector wiring harness and cut up two quarters to fit in the clip on each injector wiring harness be very VERY careful with the brittle wiring harness cause I have removed these they are soft and as far as I know very hard or impossible to replace YouTube as a lot of videos FIXITNICK as far as I know has a video under his 7.3 Swap truck videos and he will show you how to remove the valve covers and air and turbo intake I think this might be the issue and it’s fairly easy and cheap to fix only about 50cemt minus making sure you have the tools and extensions and stuff to remove the valve covers and stuff make sure you have 10,12,13MM 1/4Inch driver wrenches and sockets to reach these valve covers you will see 90% of the bolt for the valve covers but there is a hidden bolt on the passengers side i between the fire wall and and engine it’s very annoying to get to use U-Joint water xtensions and whatever else you need to remove this the turbo intake pipes and air cooler pipes only require 10MM sockets to remover as far as I know and you will need to finess them out of the block…. If you try this then good luck
Electrical Connection search up the quarter trick**

·
Registered
3 Posts
Replaced motor with another used motor with 167xxx miles no blow by. Alot of new parts new injectors now gettin codes for all injectors high and low side open running rough smokes a little swapped idm with my buddy's truck no change can't remember code numbers need help if anyone has any knowledge
I also want to tell you that you’ll want to double check the video cause it’s been a little while since I’ve done that stuff and you may not have to remove the valve covers to get the the computer plugin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts