The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the privalage to buy a fresh suncoast billet shaft tranny with tripple disc for under 1000.00. The only problem is that it is for a 01 and my truck is a 99. I thought they were all the same, but I looked at the suncoast website and they have a differnt part number for the 99 and the 00-02 ?????
I called the and they sais the solonoid wiring is differnt and I could get a new solonoid "pack" but they didnt sell them. doesn anyone know where to get this pack? Should I buy it from dodge....does anone knoe exactelly what the differnce is. Thanks

·
TDG Mafia - Booze Runner
3,705 Posts
Shoot at that price just get the pack from Dodge... It has to do with the way the PCM talks to the tranny, or heck pull the pack and harness out of your current tranny and use it...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that is what I was thinking, but after I pull the sol out of the valve body on my current tranny how do I know they will fit in the new valve body. I am going to buy it either way. worst comes to worst the converter is worth it

·
1,189 Posts
if you don't want it I would come get it. I just did my tranny in feb thats dirt cheap. it's always good to have a spare

·
32 Posts
It will work. I have a 02 tranny in my 99. And the selonoids are different but easy to change. I changed mine after I already installed mine in the truck. It was a little difficult more difficult then if the tranny was sitting on a bench or something. I would do it with the tranny out. Just from experience. My selonoids came from dodge. I also paid 1500 for my set up so thats a smokin deal for that price.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts