The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this morning i fired the 96 up and it idled perfect for 15 seconds, then i put her in drive and and drove around my couldesac and got a chech engine light and a miss almost like it was running on 4 cylinders. restarted twice and it was fine. i had a 1/4 tank and thought i sucked air and it got worked out. filled up and drove to my friends house with no problems. let it sit for 4 hours got back in and had another CEL and a bad miss. restarted twice and it was gone. parked at a convenience store for about an hour and when i fired it had no problem and drove home with no issues.

whats the deal boys?

any hints or ideas?

if need be just PM me with a phone # and a pacific time that is ok to call at.

thanks! :usflag

·
391 Posts
Well, we really need to know what codes are in the truck. I would say definitely check your UVC wiring. A loose connection can definitely cause an intermittent miss, and will show a code when it happens. The connection can move a little while driving, and then start making connection again.

·
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
took it to a local shop because we had no time to work on it. turns out to be the UVCH... crappy ford wiring.... should have her back:peelout tomorrow.

·
391 Posts
Glad to know it was a relatively cheap and easy fix.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts