The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I am posting this for a friend. She is up in Alaska, temps are around -20 to -30, she had the wrong type of fuel in the truck. It appears they have 2 types of diesel up there. Anyhow, she has the "warm weather" diesel in it. THe truk is in a parking lot. It won't start. WHat should she do to get it started. I think she has put some of the right fuel in it, and it is plugged in, but won't start. Thanks in advance.
Rob

·
'Ol Builder guy
7,051 Posts
Any chance you can park a torpedo heater behind it and let the warm air flow under the chassis? Or preferably tow/push it into a warm garage with a heater?

That will un-gel the fuel. Then you want to get the fuel filter warmed-up or hopefully changed. Then get some winter blend in it. Hopefully you don't have a full tank of summer blend.

Be careful if you decide to use an additive, some are harmful.

F

·
0 Posts
I agree with Duke, the best thing would be to get it into a heated building, and let the fuel thaw.

·
3,754 Posts
the best is to tow it into a shop and let it thaw but next best is to take a opredo heater, carboard tarps etc etc and do your best. Also power service makes this product called 911. Id get a new feul filter pour some of that into the filter along w/good diesel. Put some of it in the tank, liberal dosing, and then prime it the best you can. That stuff works suprisingly well but contains alcohol, dont use it on a regular basis.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts