The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Diesel Addict
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What can i do to reset the pcm n ecm in my truck the efi stoped early in the loading proceedure n wont do nothing now other than say bootloader failed to connect to pcm.....fml

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
I know its a dumb question, but was your key turned all the way forward? I know the first few times I tried to load a tune it wouldnt load because i had the key on, but not all the way forward...

Does the truck still run? I am pretty sure that there is a safety built into EFI that will return it to stock if the new tune doesnt load

·
Pardue the Traveler
4,023 Posts
Do you have the stock tune? You may have to re-flash the stock tune in, then try flashing the new tune.

·
Diesel Addict
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks but it wouldnt read the ecm...at all...ive used efi a few times i just did something i shouldnt have n now i have a new ecm because of it....lol

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
What did you do exactly? so I know what to avoid, thanks in advance :happymugs

·
Diesel Addict
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just had my computer replaced in my truck due to an efi live screw up...ill take the blam:notme....truck works n runs fine stock...when i went to install a new tune on it says either bootloader rejected ecm returned to normal try again, or it says cant read ecm...it wont tune the engine or the transmission...i get the say responses...:read

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
Efi was locked to your old ecm, each ecm carries a different serial # and efi locks to that number, you may have to use your second lisence on the new ecm

·
Diesel Addict
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i got a new license n locked to new ecm...still wont work

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
Time to call efi customer support, or post your question at www.efilive.com forum, them guys will know what to do

·
Diesel Addict
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i was in a hurry originally and just started to tun the truck n realized i forgot to chang somethin...tire size n rev limiter....so i stoped the upload into the truck...knowin better that i shouldnt....then it left the computer unrecoverable....wont do that again...but now my new comp wont take the tune i can read the comp but it wont upload...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts