The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday my check engine light came on, I did just put a 1/2 tank of shell diesel in the truck, the light came on and twice the truck kind of studdered going up a hill on the freeway. I checked the gas cap, it was on tight, I got gas at another station and filled therest of the tank up and added STP diesel additive ( only kind they had) it is running fine now, all gauges are normal feels normal mileage the same or slightly better, but the engine light is still on, and yes I have cycled the ignition 3 times and the light is still on. Any ideas on what I can check before I pay a dealer to look at it? Thanks you for all the help.:squish

·
Premium Member
5,567 Posts
if you got water, then your water in fuel light should come on. Go to your local advance and have them read the codes and see what it says...

·
Registered
699 Posts
if it feels normal ide just drive it a little while to see if the DTC recycles its self off, if not get the code scanned to see whats going on.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, I drove it a while and cycled the ignition 3 times and now the light is off and it runs fine, probably just some bad fuel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts