The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first off i have a 2000 f 350 7.3. i need to get some recommendations on what performance parts to get. im trying to build a street legal pulling/race truck. here is my list of what i need:

bigger and stronger automatic tranny and torque convertor
programmer and chip
intake
turbo

i think thats it, anymore suggestions are greatly appreciated

please help me with the brands of parts that will best suit what i need

thank you
derek

·
Smokin'
430 Posts
I/E/G of course.
Tranny before big performance mods
Injectors
Tuning
Fuel
Turbo
-6.0 I/C will help
The list could go on and on...

You're about 50-60 miles away from me. If you need help doing stuff you can come on over. I've installed several exhausts/Gauges/Intakes and other performance stuff on other vehicles. My buddy has installed injectors, turbo's and some other valve stuff so we might be able to help out.

·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
where are you located maintain

·
Registered
790 Posts
gotsmoke00 said:
first off i have a 2000 f 350 7.3. i need to get some recommendations on what performance parts to get. im trying to build a street legal pulling/race truck. here is my list of what i need:

programmer and chip
intake
turbo

thank you
derek
you have a pm

·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what do you mean pm

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
gotsmoke00 said:

programmer and chip
intake
turbo

thank you
derek
HI Derek and welcome to TDG.

For what all you are wanting to do the best thing to do is research, research, research. I can't emphazize this enough because you can easily get caught up in the modding game. You don't need to spend an outragous fortune on what you want to achieve. There are many that have done this and have done it well. Take your time and research it.

I see you are in PA. If you want someone local to lean on about this, give Ladell at East Coast Diesel Perfomance a call. They are a dealers for us and Ladell has a pretty impressive street legal/pulling/racing truck. He will be able to point you in the right direction. Their info can be found on our dealer page. :Thumbup:

·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thank you for all your input. i will definatly put more thought and research into my f-350 project. if anyone has anymore input please feel free to post. im always up for some suggestions. also if anyone is in the lancaster or surrounding area and is willing to talk in person feel free to call me up.

(717)419-3708

thanks

derek

1 - 9 of 9 Posts