The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'02 Excursion - Just installed a TS 6pos chip (works great!), however, the anti-theft light is now flashing quick when I start it, then it stops and flashes a sequence, then stops completely. I did a search and found a link to some instructions to reset the PATS, which I did, but it still seems to be flashing some kind of code. Is there a way to clear those codes? The vehicle starts and runs fine...

·
6,337 Posts
The PAT light will flash... IF the chip is not burned for the specific code of the X... The wifes does it... No worrys, not hurting anything...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah...that explains it. They never asked for the catch code (I assumed all PSD's were the same). The box the chip came in had QLJ3 written on the inside, my code is NQW4.

Thanks for the info and quick reply...I love this site, great bunch of folks here :thanks:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just got off the phone with TS, they indicated it's an issue specific to the Excursions, and cannot be corrected. Now I'm curious if every Excursion with a chip has this problem, or if it's specific to the TS chip. I thought more results from a search would have brought this issue up but it didn't...:shrug:

I guess I'll just go have fun with it :Thumbup:

·
6,337 Posts
Like I said the wifes does it and no issues... No codes or anything,..

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's very intersting, thanks. Maybe because it's an 'off the shelf' tune and not custom. It's really not a big deal, except for my buddies always ribbing me that the truck is stolen and that I should give it back or turn myself in.

Of course, TS made no offer to do the reburn...maybe I'll call the folks I bought it from and see what happens. But other than that, I'm happy with the performance levels :Thumbup:

Biggest problem now is the negative effect the chip has on tire wear!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Blown306 said:
I just got off the phone with TS, they indicated it's an issue specific to the Excursions, and cannot be corrected. Now I'm curious if every Excursion with a chip has this problem, or if it's specific to the TS chip. I thought more results from a search would have brought this issue up but it didn't...:shrug:

I guess I'll just go have fun with it :Thumbup:
There's a note in my superchips docs about that very problem so I guess there's at least one other product with that issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts