The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a John Deere 450 B that my father-in-law owns and lets me use. We are having the following issues and I am looking for some help.
This rig starts with up right away with a simple push of the button. After about 30 - 45 minutes of perfect running the RPM's start to vary up and down and within minutes it stalls out. It is then very hard to start. After letting it sit overnite it then starts again just fine and runs for 30+ minutes and repeats the problem all over again.

Here is what we have done to solve the problem, all with negative results. We have had the injectors rebuilt, fuel pump replaced, drained the fuel and replaced with new fuel, cleaned out the fuel tank, blew out all fuel lines, replaced the fuel cap and made sure it was vented.

We are still having the exact same issue.

I am looking for suggestions! Anyone with anything else to try?

Mike

·
22 Posts
Did you get this figured out and did you check the fuel supply pump that has the little hand priming pump lever. The tank sets higher than the injection pump and you could be sucking air then when you let it set it reprimes itself. just a thought.

·
381 Posts
JD450B

Have you tried putting air to the filler neck on the tank, and opening the air bleed on the fuel filter? also on top of the fuel filter there is ( on some modles) a hand primer. It si rebuildable. It consist of a spring and diaphram. Sometimes it will leakexternally and sometime it won,t, however it will suck air. Also on the injection pump ,where the fuel line hooks up is a fitting with a spring & a glass bead that is to keep the fuel from leaking off. Sometimes it will stick closed. If all else fails, :bdhelmerfudd

1 - 3 of 3 Posts