The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, here's the bit. I'm really up in the air on a turbo for my truck. I just built an engine and am frantically searching for a turbo that will work well for my application. I got all the important stuff in my engine to make 500hp, the limiting factor is my rods since i stuck with the factory forged ones for now. I've got DDP BD's w/.0085 tips, gen 3 big oil, head studs, valve springs. . .etc. My truck is my daily driver and i don't necessarily want it to smoke like a freight train, all the cops in the area already know me. . .and not in a good way. I'd love to go compounds, but the budget is too tight for the time being. What would yall recommend me to use? I was thinking the Turbonetics BB, then I'd be set for twins in the future if I wanted. The H2E also provides a very flexible turbo that can be upgraded as needed in the future. I had an ebay GT42R lined up, but the guy couldn't manage to ship me the correct one. . .i'm still waiting on my refund. . .which is what is futher killing the budget, but DI's set up is too far out of my price range. I've got a line on a good HT3B that would make a great atmosphere charger in a compound set up, but don't really know how to fit it under the hood w/o cutting a hold in the hood. . .which i'm not doing. Let me know your thoughts, or if you know of someone who's got something for sale that may benefit me.

·
112 Posts
For the money I would say the TN BB, 500 ponies I dont know about that. Talk to Brian Bunting or Kevin at Black Widow Diesel They would know for sure. I am a fan of the TN, and am planning on upgrading to the BB cartridge soon, I dont no why, but I want to try it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts