The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
stock is boring
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:I just pulled the heads off an 01 LB7 with 306k to replace the head gaskets and I found these metal pieces in one of the cooling passages. I would like to know if this is something anyone has ever seen or if anyone has an idea where it may have come from.

Attachments

·
188 Posts
waterpump? not sure.

·
Powered By Ford
2,438 Posts
waterpump is all I can think off too, 306k...it doesn't owe anybody anything, run it.

·
3,939 Posts
Probably from the waterpump, could also be from thermostat. IMO, didnt do anything to cause the H/G issue. Hell, 306,000 miles on 01 headgaskets is exceptional.

CHeck anything to do with coolant flow, if nothing found, put it back together and run it.

·
Found On Russ' Drive
693 Posts
Looks exactly like metal chips from the manufacturing process. Those are the from the drills when the drilled out the water passages. Someone at the factory didn't blow them out of the holes after they drilled them. No worries.

·
stock is boring
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, I was in mississippi for a week and didn't get to check back here til just now. I had thought of checking the water pump but it isn't leaking and there were no cooling issues.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts