The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm putting my DPF back on my truck to take in for service and there is something missing from the DPF. When I had the DPF off the truck I was trying to get the sensors off the DPF, using a pipe wrench I actually broke the female end of the sensor base off the DPF! I don't know where to get this part, Ford says they don't have it, and I need to weld it back on the DPF.

Or, can you run the DPF missing one of the sensors back with the stock tune and bring it to the dealership? If I didn't need all the sensors I could weld the hole shut.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
BLING BLING
636 Posts
Weld it back on. if you dont have the bung go to the store and find a nut that fits that probe thread and weld that on. Not sure if that will pass at ford but it will allow your sensor to be in the DPF.

·
Spartan, True Performance
411 Posts
That's the reason to purchase extra sensors. Then you would never have to worry about removing the old one from the dpf....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now I'm trying to load the stock tune and it says Incorrect File.

I followed directions to a T, have back up on my computer, nothing will work.

Any ideas? I am patiently awaiting Matt to call me back.

·
Spartan, True Performance
411 Posts
Now I'm trying to load the stock tune and it says Incorrect File.

I followed directions to a T, have back up on my computer, nothing will work.

Any ideas? I am patiently awaiting Matt to call me back.
Sending you a pm. Call me !!! Which firmware version do you have on your DashDaq. Hope it's a old one like DashDaq 1.4.0.1219. That's the one that came out and no one could reload their stock tune. Had to get new one's built for everyone that installed it....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine is saying Unknown Vehicle. Any ideas? I need to take it in tomorrow cause its leaking coolant and i cant get the stock file back on!

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
you'll need a new stock file. Get ahold of Matt.

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
I was afraid of that. Great now cant take it in tomorrow....
try emailing or calling. Same thing happened to me once. had a new file in the early morning.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts