The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got my sct2 this morning from ups and raced out to my truck to read the " stategy" so i could email it back to innovatine diesel and my stupid truck apparently doesn't want to give it up. the sct reads " could not read strategy" whats up with that? i called sct tech line and he said to try and read another vehicle but i dont have one so i have to wait for neighor to get home. also could somebody check the back side of their obd port to see if they have a white wire with blue stripe. mine is hanging there with end taped. normal or not? any ideas to calm my fuel pressure in my veins??!!:damnit :squish :thanks:

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
That is strange...there is no other chip/programer/tuner or anything like that I am assumeing....? make sure it is not locked to another vehicle...? by hooking up to your computer and clicking on live load ..it will say the status of the box (locked or unlocked) with the firmware version..v 1.11 or higher ....
jschall

·
Banned
6,478 Posts
The wire is normal. This is your problem. There is two kinds of buss systems used on the ford. Your SCT is only reading one of them, and it's not the one your truck has. I went through the exact same thing after a flash and new SCT. I will find to post and give you a link to it.

·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wwr, when you tried to read your strategy it would say" could not read srategy" ? i hope that is the problem, and not something with my truck. thanx to everybody for the info, i bet that is the problem!! i am going to try it on the neighbors truck when he gets home to see if it works. i will let you know. thanx again!!:Thumbup: :thanks:

·
Banned
6,478 Posts
oliver-2150 said:
wwr, when you tried to read your strategy it would say" could not read srategy" ? i hope that is the problem, and not something with my truck. thanx to everybody for the info, i bet that is the problem!! i am going to try it on the neighbors truck when he gets home to see if it works. i will let you know. thanx again!!:Thumbup: :thanks:

Yes-that is what is would say. My unit that would not work was already at the latest firm rev (1.1) I think and still would not work. Had to have it swapped for another sct unit.

·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well, i updated my sct to 1.14 and still nothing, crap. the neighbor came home and i went up there and tried it on his truck and of course, it works on his truck. so now what do i do? any ideas Eric? it sounds like the problem wwr had.:thanks: :shrug:

·
Banned
6,478 Posts
If you bought it from Eric I'm sure he will take care of you. I think you will need to send it back to him and have him send you another one. That is what I had to do.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
oliver-2150 said:
well, i updated my sct to 1.14 and still nothing, crap. the neighbor came home and i went up there and tried it on his truck and of course, it works on his truck. so now what do i do? any ideas Eric? it sounds like the problem wwr had.:thanks: :shrug:
If it works on his and not yours, I would assume it's some type of error reading from your port. Go ahead and ship it back and we'll try another unit. Put a note in the box with the issue you are having. I'll send you a new one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts