The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have this happen to them or have a clue what this problem could be?

Everytime I apply the brake I get the beep and the faulty wire harness light comes on...HELP...Afraid to take it to the dealership as the truck has been modified. Thanks in advance for the help...I know there are some smart individuals in here that will be able to show me the way.

-Tony

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
what mods u got?

·
52 Posts
It hapend to me i had a tail light out.
Thanks Dale

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just have the spartan 250 tune...I will check today to see that I dont have a tail light out....Thanks I will keep you all posted...

·
145 Posts
mine was doing this...there was a TSB one the trailer harness back there and water was getting into it...you notice it more when its wet out?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just checked and all Brake lights and tail lights working...HELP!

·
176 Posts
I just have the spartan 250 tune...I will check today to see that I dont have a tail light out....Thanks I will keep you all posted...
Sorry I can't help with your problem but if all you have is a spartan tuner and a delete pipe then take them off and you'll be fine going back to Ford.

Gerry

·
Registered
48 Posts
try cleaning all connections out with brake clean then blow dry... At the brake lights under the truck blow out the trailer light plug as well. This worked for me..

Jay

·
176 Posts
try cleaning all connections out with brake clean then blow dry... At the brake lights under the truck blow out the trailer light plug as well. This worked for me..

Jay
Don't forget some dielectric grease after you dry out the connections. It helps protect the connections from water and corrosion caused by water.

·
139 Posts
I always swap my plug to a 6 pin for work and have had problems with it, its usually the 6 pin there is a harness plug right behind the factory trailer plug, unplug it once and see if i stops, if it stops saying wiring fault, replace factory plug

·
Registered
48 Posts
I always swap my plug to a 6 pin for work and have had problems with it, its usually the 6 pin there is a harness plug right behind the factory trailer plug, unplug it once and see if i stops, if it stops saying wiring fault, replace factory plug
I have seen that as well.:happymugs

1 - 15 of 15 Posts