The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lately the clutch pedal has needed to be pushed all the way to the floor, when it was warm out the first and reverse gears seemed to be stayng enguaged with the pedal down a the way. 2 years ago my slave cylinder failed and i replaced it. today the same thing happened. i pushed the clutch down and the pedal never returned. the rod from the slave to the clutch fork had fallen out. i was ablr to get it back in but the problem with first and reverse were stilll there. i limped it to the shop and about a mile down the road the damn pedal stayed at the floor. i made it there, parked the old girl and went to see if i lost the rod again. the whole cylinder was just hanging there.

in daylight i will throw on a new slave or master, probably both just for fum. if it does happen to be a bad t/o i know i gotta drop the tranny to fix it. if it is a cracked or bent clutch fork, can it be removed without droppin the trans?

i am at my wits end with this truck.... any buyers?

oh yeah its a 1992 5 speed

·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
put the new slave in today, problem not fixed. had to order the clutch master will put it on in the morning. if that doesnt love the problem the truck is out the door. anyone in alberta want a truck?

·
7.3 addict
644 Posts
those were good for cracking the firewall ford made a doubler for a fix at least on the 6.9's they did

·
1,415 Posts
Were in alberta are you? Could also be air locked, Throw out brging.

·
572 Posts
I had the same trouble with my Dodge, Went through the whole list. Finally decided to pull the trans, and my clutch fork and pivot ball were wasted. The pivot ball was shoved clean through the clutch fork, and the fork was levering against the aluminum bellhousing, allowing it to release the clutch a little, but not enough to get it into gear. I had all new stuff sitting here waiting to go in it anyway with my NV4500, but thats what I found.

·
572 Posts
Also, I hate to be all doom and gloom, but your pilot bearing and input could be galled as well, causing the input shaft to bind and not letting you shift.

·
7.3 addict
644 Posts
sounds like you are going to have to drop the tranny

·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the respones. i never did get a chance to fix the old girl. i have been to busy with work. i sold it last week to someone who had some time on their hands.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts