The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was running RCD's track only tune when I raced an Camaro and it didn't feel like it was running right. It normally pulls hard all the way past 100 but once I hit 70 it didn't pull hard and I lost. I loaded the street version and it felt fine at first but when I was driving home it wouldn't go past 20lbs of boost. It is not wanting to shift either. I don't know what is wrong. The EGT's don't go over 800. The tranny temps were aroun 174 or so, the ECT's were around 194, and the oil was 94-96 on the livewire. If anybody has had any similar issues please help me out. Thanks.
Alex

·
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also with both tunes it normally pours out smoke but now there isn't any at all.

·
1,077 Posts
I was running RCD's track only tune when I raced an Camaro and it didn't feel like it was running right. It normally pulls hard all the way past 100 but once I hit 70 it didn't pull hard and I lost. I loaded the street version and it felt fine at first but when I was driving home it wouldn't go past 20lbs of boost. It is not wanting to shift either. I don't know what is wrong. The EGT's don't go over 800. The tranny temps were aroun 174 or so, the ECT's were around 194, and the oil was 94-96 on the livewire. If anybody has had any similar issues please help me out. Thanks.
Alex

So it was reving up but not going anywhere? Tq converter maybe? It.hard to say what's happening when not acctaully being there....

·
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So it was reving up but not going anywhere? Tq converter maybe? It.hard to say what's happening when not acctaully being there....
That's what I was thinking at first but it won't boost past 20psi. It will rev up but there is a long delay before it finally shifts.

·
1,077 Posts
Its not building boost cause the motor is kinda just free reving by the sounds of things.

Reactions: firedog90

·
2,183 Posts
try to reload the tune. mine did the same sort of thing after the dealer ran their computer through it with my 275 loaded. the truck would blow a very slight haze of smoke at most and would barely get out of its own way. I reloaded the tune and it was back to normal.

Reactions: firedog90

·
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
try to reload the tune. mine did the same sort of thing after the dealer ran their computer through it with my 275 loaded. the truck would blow a very slight haze of smoke at most and would barely get out of its own way. I reloaded the tune and it was back to normal.
Thanks. I'll try that.

·
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I reloaded the tune and so far it seems to be working.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts