The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi cummins guys. I just purchased a 2004 dodge 3500 and was told i could get much better fuel mileage with a programmer. I have a ton of experience with the powerstroke in my sig but know very little about the cummins. Yes I think their both are great engines. Any help anyone wants to throw my way would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance :thumbsup

·
Alaskan Assassin
88 Posts
I know the Smarty got me between -5 and +3 depending on what level I used and how much I raced people. A lot of ricers up here... On the highway though, level 1 really shines if you can control the loud pedal.

·
124 Posts
change the air horn to a higher flowing one!

·
1,465 Posts
The only thing that will do is lighten your wallet so you'll be carrying around less weight and might see a mileage bump. A tuner and a switch to synthetic lubes will make the biggest difference along with a good flowing exhaust.

·
124 Posts
The only thing that will do is lighten your wallet so you'll be carrying around less weight and might see a mileage bump. A tuner and a switch to synthetic lubes will make the biggest difference along with a good flowing exhaust.
LOL:roflol: Dont own a 3rd gen, huh? 4" exhaust STOCK.
The "box" will add the most bang for the buck, but ALL 3rd gens benefit from an intake horn. The subject has been beaten to death and tested extensively and PROVEN continuously. I didnt say to buy brand "X" or "B", even a 2nd gen VP intake is better than the '03-'07s choke tube.

·
1,465 Posts
No I don't own one but any exhaust is better than the stock one. Yes they are 4" but are they mandrel bent?

·
Born in the USA
2,651 Posts
Smarty on level #1 will add power and mileage, anything above that is not too good for stock trucks. I see great results from the Smarty and my overall miles per tank has gone up. When it comes down to it, stock or modded, fuel mileage is going to depend on a number of factors: wind, tire pressure, truck size (4x4, bed cover/no bed cover, DRW/SRW), but most of all its your right foot. If you can drive conservatively, use the cruise control, and don't hot rod off every light than you will get the most out of the truck. Good luck and congrats on the new rig!

·
10 Posts
Can anyone give a link to this intake horn. Looking for any add ons that can help me tow. Current TV is a 03 cali 235 hp auto drw. Upgrading to a larger toyhauler.

Thanks

·
124 Posts
pick a vendor you like, nearly everyone makes one. prices range from $150-$400. They are available in any color, in steel, aluminum, stainless, and composite materials, and can be had with ports to tap W/M ,NOS, or boost references into.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts