The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the site and not tryin to start a pissin match about who's big oil is better. But what I am needing some help with is figuring out which setup to go with. I have a 2003 7.3 with those stupid PMR's so I know that 400 hp is the limit. The question is Stage 1 sticks with big oil or keep stock oil and go with stage 2's. My other question is how much power will big oil give. Has anyone dyno'd with stock oil and then big oil??? I know that big oil accomplishes the same effect so please no brand a is better than brand b. I would also like to stay under 400 hp so that the rods arent being stressed out all the time.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
any 7.3 out there would benifit from a HPOS.The throttle response is better and power throughout the rpm's.There is a couple of members who are running HPOS on stock inj's and run about 350Hp or so.

·
FRANKEN STROKE
189 Posts
I up graded my truck to a 2003 HPOP, but Im also looking to change to big oil. I got injectors to help get over 400, they say u need it to go big! let me know what u find!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
I would go stage 2s, the gains with stage 1s over stock ADs isn't enough to justify the cost in my opinion. 20HP and 40FT/LBS on my truck. Stages 2s are capable of over 400HP, doesn't mean you have to go that far with them.

·
FRANKEN STROKE
189 Posts
I have a friend who wants to know what cc your stage 2s are and who made them! pms fine!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies. Please keep 'em coming.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts