The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I just installed a new vp44 this weekend and didn't tap the wire yet. I have been running around with my box hooked up but my wire untapped. I also installed DDP stage 3 injectors. When I test drove it I kicked it hard and maxed out my 35lb boost guage I was impressed. Today I tapped the wire, ran it hard after it warmed up and never got above 32lbs. I still have the stock clutch and it never even tried to slip. I did buy a SB Confe clutch but I am curious if I even needed it right now. I feel that I voided my pump warranty and bought a clutch and it was all a waist. Is there a way I can check to see if the tap is getting a good contact?

·
2nd Gen Guru
2,641 Posts
NGA Ram said:
Ok guys I just installed a new vp44 this weekend and didn't tap the wire yet. I have been running around with my box hooked up but my wire untapped. I also installed DDP stage 3 injectors. When I test drove it I kicked it hard and maxed out my 35lb boost guage I was impressed. Today I tapped the wire, ran it hard after it warmed up and never got above 32lbs. I still have the stock clutch and it never even tried to slip. I did buy a SB Confe clutch but I am curious if I even needed it right now. I feel that I voided my pump warranty and bought a clutch and it was all a waist. Is there a way I can check to see if the tap is getting a good contact?
With the key on there should be 12V power at the tapped wire... Like on the pic below there shoud be +12V at the red wire in the pic...

But you should of used the proper tapping plate instead of the junk clip...
http://mopar.mopar1973man.com/2002%20Dodge/BOMBS/edge%20comp/edge_comp.htm

1 - 2 of 2 Posts