The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need a little help asap plzzzz 01 f250 7.3 psd dp f5 garrett turbo 4 in turbo back straight piped started her this morn around 24 deg no warm up at all pulled into traffic hard excel the service engine soon light came on then it seemed as if one injector wasnt firing ran codes and no codes were present pulled the chip and nothing diff reinstalled it and still misfire at that point no display on f5 it at one point started firing then stopped then started to fire for bout 2 miles then misfire for the next 185 miles .............. truck in va and i had to leave her and hitched a ride back to carolina plzzzzzzz help thx in adv

·
Registered
103 Posts
What did you use to pull codes? If the SES light came on it set a code.

VC harness or connectors maybe?:shrug:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
obd II thats what i would have thought

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
what kind of code reader did you use? some scanners wont read injector drive module codes. if a valve cover wire or injector is misfiring it will set a code in the idm not the pcm. can you have somone with a differant scanner test it. an injector buzz test will tell you if the vc or wires are to blam.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
but would that kill power to my chip display

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
oops sorry forgot about you saying no display. id take the chip out to help eliminate the problem. still need a good scanner to read codes and look at the data stream to see whats going on.

·
FRANKEN STROKE
189 Posts
Hey I live at the line on the va side in Galax, VA call me if i can help I have friends and a shop(a trailer 2 hope we dont need it!)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(276)237-0449 Im Nelson!

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Generic OBDII scanners won't read the codes on a PSD. Get a good scanner hooked up to it. As for the chip display I don't know, as was said, pull it completely out and see what happens.

·
Registered
229 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
help still

well jody sent me a pcm and that didnt work still stumped maybe the icm?

·
6,337 Posts
Stop throwing parts at it and get a good code reader... You need to run a few tests, Injector buzz test, KOEO test... Your just wasting time and money throwing parts at it...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts