The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What if we went to Mexico and bought our trucks ???????
Correct me if I'm wrong but trucks down there wouldn't have all this crap on it and hell we be free to put what we want on it .........

Thinking out loud...what do you guys think ??????

·
304 Posts
As soon as you went to register your truck at DMV and they inspected it you probably would not be able to register it in the US.....Some states might be less picky though, I would find out from your local DMV before you buy one though!! Not a bad idea for someone who wants to mod the exhaust system!!

·
Registered
136 Posts
I'm not saying you go and do this. But when my dad took the truck to be registered at the dmv, the guy doing the inspection didn't even look for a dpf. The lady registering the truck at the counter didn't even know it was a truck because it weighed 8000lbs. This was at a dmv close to LA.

·
106 Posts
I bought my 99 Ram when I lived in Idaho, 6 months later moved up to Canada (had to pay 1,500 to import it since it was made in Mexico and NAFTA wasn't in full effect and owned it less than 2 years).
2 years later moved to Arizona and had to go through all kinds of BS to prove the truck had US spec emissions on it.... EVEN WITH SHOWING I BOUGHT IT IN IDAHO.... They said that if I got it inspected and it didn't I would have to make it meet US emission requirements.

All I can say is good luck to whoever trys this.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Would they even be offering the 6.4 down there? I'm thinking that they still use LSD fuel down there, which your not supposed to run in the 6.4, and since they dont have all the emmissions as up here. I'm willing to bet that you could still buy a brand new 6.0 down there.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just looking at ideas.......
I have head my 6.4 all most a year and its only got 5k on it and prefer to drive my 97 over it due to mpg and I can do what I want to it.

Hell I take a new 6.0 or 7.3 if they still offer them in Mexico........

·
Registered
136 Posts
I was looking at the ford mexico site and it says that u can get an F-450/550 with a 6.4L diesel with 343hp and 600lb/ft tq im not sure but i think you can only get this one with a tremec 6 speed. Or if you get the 2007 Super Duty F-250 with a 6.0L with 325hp and 570 lb/ft tq.

·
Strokin' and Smokin'
517 Posts
Don't know how easy it would be to get one back accross. It's enough of a pain in the butt to get some bottles of liquor back. :damnit

·
190 Posts
SouthTexasDiese said:
Don't know how easy it would be to get one back accross. It's enough of a pain in the butt to get some bottles of liquor back. :damnit
It is damn sure easy enough to get one into Mexico. I agree getting one back from there might be pretty difficult. Liquor might be an easier choice.:shrug:

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Boaz said:
It is damn sure easy enough to get one into Mexico. I agree getting one back from there might be pretty difficult. Liquor might be an easier choice.:shrug:
I will fill the box with liquor and kill two birds with one stone..........:HappyMugs

·
61 Posts
IS there any 6.4 in mexico now with out the dpf on the trucks. just a thought if there was could you bring an sct tuner and read the stratigy and save it so then you could take your dpf off and down load that stratigy in and have no problems.:shrug:

·
JUCK FEEP
367 Posts
^^^ off topic but got any more pic of the red 05 mschwing82

·
61 Posts
matt05 said:
Yah, how do you pull a fifth wheel camper and a 10 inch lift, it looks killer.
Its no problem, the camper just sits at an angel. When the trailer is level it sits level w/ the bed of the truck I then have to raise it 6" to tow it, but because of the length its not noticable. Ive been towing it for 2 years with no problems except im over weight when the trailer is loaded, thats why I ordered a 450 and because I want a bigger trailer.:Thumbup:

·
61 Posts
Beer Mod said:
^^^ off topic but got any more pic of the red 05 mschwing82
heres one, was grossing 27,000 lbs from my home in so cal up to lake Tahoe. Had 8,000 lbs on the rear end and tires were only rated for 7,200 lbs (need a dualy)

·
JUCK FEEP
367 Posts
Nice truck! makes me want to lift line another 2'' :sly:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts