The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck has started hesitating in the last few months mainly at part throttle. It seems to be almost non-noticeable some days and much worse during other days. Strangly it doesn't do it during cruise control operation, but only when I use part throttle to maintain speed. Truck feels fine during wide open throttle. I currently have 155k on it and have the mods listed in my signature. What culprits should I look at to eliminate this problem.

Nick

P.S. I pretty much run in the 120 hp setting of my chip all the time and don't really beet on the truck that much. It will throw a light and turbo surge during wot for extended periods of time at higher speeds, but other then that there is no lights thrown when it starts to hesitate.

·
6,337 Posts
Been cold? I would bet your exhaust back pressure sensor is plugged up causing the valve to close.

The light at WOT is from one of two things, first overboost. You need a boost regulator from ITP, do that the MAP sensor does not see over 22# boost. When that happens the truck defuels and you loose power.

The other reason that this could be happening is an ICP code, at the higher HP levels the chip is asking for more HPO then the HPOP can give and you get a light.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CSIPSD said:
Been cold? I would bet your exhaust back pressure sensor is plugged up causing the valve to close.

The light at WOT is from one of two things, first overboost. You need a boost regulator from ITP, do that the MAP sensor does not see over 22# boost. When that happens the truck defuels and you loose power.

The other reason that this could be happening is an ICP code, at the higher HP levels the chip is asking for more HPO then the HPOP can give and you get a light.
Thanks. Where is the exhaust back pressure sensor and can it be cleaned or does it need replacing?

As far as the other items I was told the same thing by the gentlemen I purchased the chip from.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I unplugged the EBP Sensor and no difference was noticed in the hesitation. Does unplugging the sensor essentially perform the same function as cleaning out the tube and then plugging the sensor back in or does unplugging the sensor pretty much duplicate the behavior with the sensor being plugged in with a dirty metal tube?

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
if it doesn't do it on cruise but on the throttle you might have a bad pedal assembly

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
kainers said:
if it doesn't do it on cruise but on the throttle you might have a bad pedal assembly
That doesn't sound cheap! Any idea on pricing? Also, i'm taking it you're saying if it doesn't do it on cruise control but it does do it at non cruise control driving then it may be a bad pedal assembly? Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts