The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend who has a 1993 2500 dodge, bone stock 12 valve with 80,000 miles. He said it just started to hesitate on take off, once the truck gets moving it runs just fine. It is worse when pulling his 5th wheel. It does not burn oil, and the engine does not rev up to indicate the transmission is slipping. Would anybody have any suggestions, he is a retired man and takes good cares of his vehicles. I just dont want him to take it somewhere and be ripped off at times like these. Thanx

·
3,533 Posts
The first thing you want to do is, I take it you have a p7100 Bosch pump, the return line comes of the Injection pump at the front inside trace it back to a place you can get to the hose. With the truck idling, take a pair of pliers and squeeze the return hose, you should hear the transfer pump rattling, then release the pliers. that will flush out the preasure regulator check valve. If you have access to a fuel preasure gauge check it, also the air filter and change the fuel filter. Just a thought!

·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not sure what pump he has, he said it was a round pump instead of the inline pump. i will check with him to be sure. I know he has never had a problem with this truck or had anything replaced except for regualar maintenance

·
572 Posts
if its a 93 it has the rotary VE pump. I would check the Fuel filter, alot of times they are neglected.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts