The Diesel Garage banner

hey guys, im back with another problem

948 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  VictoryRay 
#1 ·
i cant wait till i can come to this site with something good to talk about. HAHA

heres another one for ya. after going through the whole bad fuel deal the truck was running great!! on my trip up home last friday night, i noticed the headlights randomly going dim. when i started paying attention to the volt guage, it would randomly drop to 14 from around 15 or so where it usually runs. when it droped the lights would dim pretty good. when i got it home i checked the battery cables i didnt think anything else about it. (yes, it has new batteries)(but not Deka's like i normally run). on my way back down, it did the same thing. my plan was to put the old alt back on it and see what happens, but since its raining today, i didnt get to itl.

heres where the good part starts. on my way home from work, the truck was running great, and all of a sudden shut down showing the battery light, but all acc. where still going strong. after coasting fro a min. i turned the key and it fired back up. it shows the check engine light(but i dont know how to get the code). after it started back up, it sems to be running fine again.

does the LB7 have a wiring issue, or does anyone have some other idea?

thanks in advance(again) for the help.....

See less See more
#2 ·
I would say check the altenator for the lights going dim, however I don't think your altenator would make the truck die. It might be possible since you were having issues with your fuel you may have a air bubble or two in your line causing it to die. I have had my truck die on me when there is air in the line and it gives me a "batteries aren't charging error" on the DIC when it dies and the truck starts right back up while coasting. I have replaced my altenator also around 120k miles, so with your 02 it might be something that may need looked at.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.