The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '09 6.4. Bought the truck with 62k miles on it. Has a sparton and a dpf delete. The truck was running great. But the last two days it starts and dies. Will not restart unless its reflashed or if it sits for a couple of hours.
Never throws and codes. Any ideas?
Thanks Steve.

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
crawl under the truck and check all the exhaust sensors. Usually when the go out the throw a code. But stranger things have happened.

How are the battaries?

·
Educated Amateur
90 Posts
Does it die going down the road? I heard its pretty hard for this truck to just shut off. Flash your truck back to stock and the read your Fuel Rail Pressure on your DD.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All the sensors ohm out at 215ohms. I have tried to reflash to stock. Same thing it starts idles for a little while than dies. While idling it make 5400-6200 psi rail pressure than falls off and dies. I can't be a pump issue. If it was it wouldn't come back alive after a reflash. Something has to be telling it to die.
I thought it might be the batts so I replaced them with red tops and no change. I bought the truck right due to Ford already voided its warranty. The owner was a dumb***** and brought it in with everthing on it.

I ran a lift pump check and it make 9psi and holds it while it runs for the little while it runs.

I can't tell you if it will die going down the road. It won't stay running long enough to put it in gear.

·
26 Posts
MY truck did the same recently, it ran fine the day before,next day I go to leave and it would start but would die after just a few seconds.It would not run enough to even back out of my driveway. My truck is stock with 43k mileage. Towed it to the dealer and they replaced the EGR valve,DPF,and CAT. I wonder with your truck if it could be the EGR valve.:confused:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm sorry I should have put this in. It also has a full egr delete kit on it.

I noticed something today. While cranking after it dies. It throws white smoke. I believe its fuel. Also everyonce in awhile when I can get it to start it fuel knocks. With out going to the dealer how can a guy test the injectors? Or do a fuel return test?

·
1,415 Posts
he says his egr is deleted. can you get someone to crank it for you next time possibly and smell the smoke?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If the truck sits over night it gose right up to 5200+ and fires off. When it kills it will make and kinds off different numbers. I've seen 100 psi and not change I've seen 1000psi and not go up while cranking. It seems to stay at whatever it was when it died.

My thoughts are if when cranking there is no resistance against the injection pump it can not build up pressure. I'm wondering about injectors.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts