The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Training Wheels King
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you were going to buy land in Texas where abouts would you look. My dad and I are talking about getting some land. I dunno if there is nice places within reasonable driving distance from Houston, but that would be ideal. Anyone have any input?

:happymugs

·
Chirpin Tires...
1,402 Posts
what kind of land? flat? lots of trees? hills? and what would you call reasonable distance? 1hr? 2hr? 5hr?

lots of different land in Texas.:thumbsup

·
Training Wheels King
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
5 is about as far as i would like. i know houston is sorta pressured land wise with S.A, Austin, College Station, waco, Dallas, L.A and the coast pretty much surrounding us. would like to have land where the folks can build a house, i like hills and trees (ohio like), hunting, 4 wheeling, ect. to be honest, I really thought east texas last time i was up near tyler/wills place was nice. Just wondering everyone elses input. Pop and I are looking to get some land..

·
361 Posts
i have always liked the hill country. fredricksburg area. its a good run from houston but worth it to me.

·
illadvised and dangerous
405 Posts
up here near lubbock land can be cheap if you look into the tight places. motley county has decent white tail, a few birds and hogs hunting wise. some of the land is flat other parts are roling hills. the best part is price and low taxes

·
Texas Member
678 Posts
land is pretty pricey in the pretty places lol
around my dads outside san angelo it avg 2-3k/acre
you can get some decent deals around stephenville, anywhere on I-10 w of SA you can get ready to shell out some big $ they are quite proud of that especially near any kind of water even stagnant ponds LOL

·
R.I.P. DAD
3,800 Posts
La Grange, New Braunfels, George Town, Wimberly. Those are some that have nice land and nice scenery but dont carry the hefty price of say Austin, San Antonio or Dallas. If it were me though I'd do Wimberly or George Town.

·
5,365 Posts
i agree w/ eric...but the closer you get to "the hill country" the more expensive it will be.

it really depends on what you intend to do w/ the land and what your source of income
is, THAT more than anything will dictate where you can even LOOk for property.

i wouldnt touch ANYTHING that was inside a 150 year flood plain...it doesnt take much
cement around here to change property from <150 year flood> to FLOOD.

·
R.I.P. DAD
3,800 Posts
I should have said if it were me and not my money. :haha I used to live in Austin, everything is more expensive there, fuel, food, homes, land, taxes, beer, woman everything.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts