The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody have an idea what kind of hid kit i should get, i want them to be blue and have high and low, any ideas?????????

·
118 Posts
I have kits from Retro Solutions.com in my truck, wife's van, and dads truck.
They are GREAT kits and good costumer service.

·
********* and Mafia #90
14,261 Posts
how much you looking to spend. Their are CHEAP KITS and Better kits that run up twords 200.00 and kits yet way above that.. That blue tint is kinda usless.. if you want a tint of blue only go 8000k.. i have 6000 K(white with a very tiny bit of blue) and are BLAZING bright.. I can see what people are wearing clear as day when they pass me at night.

The kit i have on my truck in the pics is ~$200 kit

i have a good kit in my fogs as well.. use them a lil here and there but since it looks like a freight train heading down the road i dont use them much as its crazy bright and would blind people like no tomorrow if i forgot they where on.

·
3,306 Posts
Them bi-xenon's are very nice Bill. I just checked out their site. How/where did you mount the ballasts for them? Also, did you have to hard wire anything or hook any wires to the batteries? It's more or less plug and play with everything plugging into the factory headlight harness right? I'd love to get a set of the H13's and then the 9145's for the fogs.

·
********* and Mafia #90
14,261 Posts
Them bi-xenon's are very nice Bill. I just checked out their site. How/where did you mount the ballasts for them? Also, did you have to hard wire anything or hook any wires to the batteries? It's more or less plug and play with everything plugging into the factory headlight harness right? I'd love to get a set of the H13's and then the 9145's for the fogs.

I didnt take any time to mount the ballests LOL..

The wiring under tmy hood needs attention as soon as it warms up a bit then everything is getting Hidden. The wiring for the h13 uses a relay harness.. this requires power from the bettery along with a ground on each side of the truck for the ballasts. This is usually required in all HI/LO bulb configuraion or in this case a BI-Xenon kit.. the fog hits are single beam, this uses the factory wiring to power the ballasts and bulbs. Hids draw MUCH less juice then factory lighting so this safe. Some cars do require a relay harness on single beam kits but its far and few.(Some infinity models i know of off the top of my head).

·
3,306 Posts
Thanks Bill!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts